Any seniors looking for association?

by cultBgone 148 Replies latest social relationships

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Cultbgone, thank you for your kind thoughts.

We had rain most of the weekend, so not much gardening, but we are in a drought, so it is very welcome and also helpful to the new roses and things we put in last week. The Abraham Darby English roses we have in the front areall set to bloom with the first wave of the season, I am looking forward to that, they are a peachy pink, cabbage-y and have a sweet fragrance. The French lavender is already blooming, the bees are busy getting the nectar. The hills have been late to green up, due to the drought, but are lovely now, the poppies bloomed at once and are glorious now, it's as thick as I have ever seen them. It's a beautiful time of year here in California.

This week I have to pack the car and get ready for an antique show on Sunday. I find them exhausting, so I try to get ready as early as possible to spread the work out. Then as soon as that is over I will drive down to Ventura to see my brother. It will be a busy week.

Lisa

• scary21
    scary21

Lisa, the way you talk about your flowers I can almost close my eyes and smell them .

CultBgone, one year before I left my house in IL my husband paid over $10,000 to rip out and put all new landscape in the front of the house.

I thought what we had was fine, but nooooooo he wanted maintenance free. Maintenance free huh ,I had to get out there every day to water the

new plants every day. LOL Would have been fine but then the next year I never really got to enjoy because I was getting ready to move

I guess it helped the curb appeal because my house sold in less then 2 weeks.

Sherry

• mouthy
    mouthy

I find you all so interesting..... Your a wonderful lot....

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

My law school roommate was on CNN for weeks doing commentary for the missing airplane. She represents airplane crash victims, a job that would depress me greatly. I wonder what it is like to fly in a plane when you do this work. Hearing her voice had a good impact on me. With the exception of one closeup,she looked young. I suspect some help. When we started school, women were very rare in the field. She held her own on technical details against mostly men. She did beauty paegents, weatherperson work on TV, baton twirling, ventriliquoism, tap dancing in high school. It makes it easier. She also did it in a very small market.

I am spending this weekend and week on medical treatments. When I moved from PA to NY, there was a clerical error in my thryoid prescription. I went from a hefty dose to a minimal one. I telephoned but no one returned the call. My thyroid has been regulated for years so I forgot all the thyroid advice. It affects your entire body. I ended up with a scary depression, could not tolerate the cold, severe constipation, and bad blood glucose readings for the first time. Tests picked it up. The doctor who told me said it was going to be a struggle. I could not just return to my old dose. It went up in small increments.

The doctors don't know how I ended up so constipated without needing emergency surgery. So I have to take meds at home. It makes me sad. I have wall to wall carpeting which I hate. I love hardwood floors and rugs. After I am depleted, I will have to arrange work and volunteer opportunities. There is a cancer scare. Don't know how serious b/c it is a brand new doctor which drives me crazy.

When all this done, I am going to the Memorial Gardens at the WTC. I was waiting for the warmer weather. Everything is easier with better weather.

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

BOTR, sorry to hear you've been suffering, hope the meds kick in and do their job toward getting you feeling better soon. (((hugs))) It's sunny and warm here so that is cheerful indeed.

I've been sick most of this week, minor flu symptoms but still had to work...hard enough sitting in an office when you feel GOOD! Thankfully I slept a full night so have more energy today.

So far I'm still in my very comfy jammies but have cleaned the kitchen and washed the pots and pans, swept all the tile floors in the house so I can scrub them, stripped the bed and ran several loads of laundry, and I read Brock Talon's book "Journey to God's House" while enjoying a mug of coffee on the porch. Now I've started painting the kitchen which I've pledged to finish this weekend! Later today it's planting the rest of my flower garden and quite probably going for a beer or three but I'm just inserting two to fool myself. If I wasn't so calm, I'd think I was manic. Just so nice NOT to feel ill!

How's your Saturday? (((HUGS))) to you all!

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

BOTR, that's rough, I know how medical issues can get you down, the least little thing can send off a cascade of complications. I have to take Miralax every day or my bowels don't work, because of the pain meds. Sometimes they don't work anyway. Going gluten free helps. I found when I did Paleo strictly, no grains, I went the other way, it was impossible to get the right balance. I am sure thyroid is tricky to regulate.

I have been busy getting ready for an antique show on Sunday, I just packed the last little thing in my vehicle. I have to strap a bookcase to the roof, but my husband will help me with that. This is my third time at this show, I'd pretty well the last time, I am hoping for that again. I will post pictures if I take them. We are going to a movie later, then I will go to bed early, I have to leave at 5:00 AM.

• scary21
    scary21

Hey ladies, nice to see our president (Grace) checking in . LOL Hope your doing well , and hugs to you Grace.

BOTR, my sis and I both are hypo thyroid. I was so sick for a year and a half before I was tested. My doctor kept saying I had a sinus infection. I'm sure I did but...........then I had sinus surgery. I was just willing to do anything to feel better . Big mistake, felt worse lol. A few months later I moved (again ) and started all over with a new doctor. After 3 visits he finally took some tests. I had no idea about thyroid problems...duh

Now my sis had every symptom that I didn't have.....dry skin and hair....hair coming out.....cold....constipation. I was just sick and tired. Oh, so tired.I am on a pretty low dose .05 everyday and 2 on Sunday. If I would have needed a higher dose well, I can't imagine How bad I would have been. This is something that takes time. Wish you could just take a pill and feel better right away, but you WILL get better. So hold on.HUGS

CultBgone, You sound like a fun person. I wish we could hang out. I'd love a good gin and tonic and lots and lots of laughs.

Sherry

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I am on massive doses of thyroid compared to you. Doctors first diagnosed me when I saw psychopharmacologists for my facial pain and depression. They would not even talk with you unless you had a full battery of tests. Many people are diagnosed with psychiatric disorders when they have a medical problem. I was told that thyroid problems and depression are classic. I've had no problems over the years. Every once in a while, the md would order the test. The local pharmacy told me to never throw out leftovers when a prescription changes. My thyroid levels go further and further down.

I thought the dosage was wrong. It has been very hard coordinating medical care with an interstate move. I was sleeping around the clock. By the time I questioned the dosage, I was too ill to follow up. It affected my brain. I could not do things that usually require no effort. The scariest part was not being able to read books. I've spoken with some of my doctors about their front office staffs. In fact, I spent an entire day getting a mammogram at a hospital that functioned well only ten years ago. Finally, I jumped on my feet and announced I did not go to school to be treated this way. I reported the delays to the main administrative office. Other patients applauded me. It seems as tho many people are skimping on support staff. When they are sued, they will understand.

• Violia
    Violia

BOTR and others

I too was on the wrong dose of thyroid for about a year. Mine was too much also due to a clerical error., my TSH fell below 0. I have been on thyroid since 1994.the last year my hair stopped growing and my anxiety was so high anyone could feel it around me. I am seeing a new doc and wow my dose is 1/2 what it was and I am now less anxious This dose is too low but we are going slow, she is augmenting it with T3 , starting today. Hope that helps b/c getting out of bed has been hard to do. We shall see if my hair starts growing. I also am having to take my diabetes seriously. I have been dx'd for about 10 yrs yrs but now i am really feeling the effects of it. My A1C is not so bad but I am having spikes during the day, as in my sugars won't go down after meals. It appears even with diabetes meds I have to watch my food carefully. The doc gave me a Tupperware plate partitioned into fours and said I got one day a week off. This is really miserable. The diabetes meds I have tired are Byetta( worked for year then stopped) and now Bydureion and Victoza. all have side effects. She has added a new pill that will help control the spikes. I hope some of this works as the next step is insulin. She said insulin will make you hungry and you'll gain weight. I'm gaining anyhow. My mom had this disease and she got gastroporesis among other things.

I wish was not having to see doctors. I am so tired of pills, I'd like to just throw them all out. I had a dream about 2 weeks ago telling me my day of death, was 2/2/17. This was printed on a card and there was another card behind it. It seemed to be telling me I had a choice. I hate it when I have those creepy dreams but they do happen.

glad you started this group Grace. So many of us need a place to talk .

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

I hope all of you get feeling better.

QB

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit