Any seniors looking for association?

by cultBgone 148 Replies latest social relationships

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I am doing Paleo right now, coconut oil is a big part of that, although I have been using coconut oil for about six months, before I went onto Paleo. I was skeptical about eating so much fat, afraid I would gain, but it's been fine, I have even lost a few pounds. It's far better to eat eggs for breakfast and have stable blood sugar, than to eat granola and be hungry again in a few hours. No more blood sugar roller coaster. Some people think they lack self control, when it is the food they are eating that is causing them to make poor choices. Even complex carbs can set you up for blood sugar fluctuations, setting you up for failure the rest of the day.

I had a hard time giving up my morning granola. Due to medications I take and some health issues, I just could face eating eggs in the morning, although I have known for a while cereal wasn't good for me. I weaned myself off by first cutting the amount in half, and eating eggs a few hours later, then substituting deliveredd almonds for part of the granola, then adding pumkin seeds as well.

• Jeannette
    Jeannette

Don't know much about Paleo. Do you like it?

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

Hi, Jeannette, thanks for your kindness. Yesterday I spent waay too much time on this site in the morning and had to hurry off to work...where I spent the day working. Then I came home and made myself dinner, took out the trash and recycle bins as tomorrow (now today) is trash day, went to the grocery store with my adult child and came home and we watched two of my adult child's favorite tv dramas as that's about the extent of our association any more as their time is spent counting hours for the cause. It was nice being together even for just a bit. Best part of the day was the two of us standing outside admiring the constellations on a clear night, we had a cold front moving in and the skies were amazing. Many things to be grateful for! Thanks for asking.

How was your day?

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Don't know much about Paleo. Do you like it?

I do. I gained thirty pounds as a result of a medication I am on and I despaired of ever getting it off, so I tried this in desperation. I am not sure I buy the concept, that we have not evolved to eat grains, but should eat only what our Paleolithic ancestors ate, but I thought I would give it a try. I was already eating gluten free, so it wasn't that hard once I had a plan. I am not even fully on it yet, but I feel better and my pants are looser, so that is encouraging.

• Jeannette
    Jeannette

CultBgone------ sounds to me like you had a nice day, and that you have fairly good health---working at a job, keeping up a house, having association with family member, looking at the stars. I know you miss peers that you can have mature conversation with, stopping in for coffee while out in service. I do too. This is another reason never to join the witnesses because if you decide to leave, all the friendships you developed over 40 years evaporate. I go to all fairs, festivals and yard sales to make life interesting. I'd like for you to e-mail me, but I don't know how to get it to you. I live in rural Tennessee.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

You could send her a PM with your email address.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Well what did I do today?first i took two tablespoons of COD LIVER OF Malt ( Yummy) that is what keeps me
    not kicking the bucket. Then My daughter Susan & Bill ( hubby ) took me to J.Js for lunch,My treat!
    Then We went to the Bible mission store I bought a ornament of a little boy & girl kissing.& a bunch of cards B/day

The sun is shining but it is cold the snow is melting.Yesterday A friend came to visit...He is married to a JW.
    He just spoke at his church about JWS & why when they knock at your door you should tell them the false
    dates they have preached ....
    Now I am gonna watch DR PHIL> If I kick the bucket before I return .PLEASE DONT DONATE to the WT....

• Jeannette
    Jeannette

Gracie--I'm glad you had such a good day. And cod liver oil malt sounds delicious. Please try the coconut oil as it feeds starving brain cells. And your friend could tell the door-knockers that they are being USED by their religion to make money for it. They can say the literature is free, but they ask for a small donation and if they don't get it from the householder, it will have to be taken out of the contribution box. Their religion didn't get a billion dollars by looking pretty.

Lisa---thank you for the info. How does one p.m?

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Just click on the user name of the person you want to contact, there should be an option to send a message. They will get a notification, in red, in their screen that they have a message.

• Violia
    Violia

hi just stopped by quickly. I am not sleeping well, seems I have my days and nights mixed up again. ( I worked nights for years ). I want to join the Over the hill gang too. I will come back again to talk more. I am glad someone started this thread .

oh lisaRose, get a bread maker and buy either almond , rice or coconut flour ( or any of several others). Just do not eat Wheat from USA. It has been genetically modified to grow faster and bigger and really messes with a lot of peoples metabolism. I saw this on Dr OZ. I also have read " Going against the Grain" and " Wheat Belly". Grains and dairy are very common problems for us to digest and reek havoc with our metabolism . You can eat bread, just either make or buy anything but wheat. The book "wheat belly'' explains this more. Making bread is fun too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit