Any seniors looking for association?

by cultBgone 148 Replies latest social relationships

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Yeah it's tough when you lose a cat, we lost our little tuxedo cat two years ago , she was 17. Chip had gotten her when she was two from the shelter, she had been in my life since she was six. She was a sweetie, only five pounds, I still miss her.

We waited a while before we got Lizzie, I needed to get over Cleo. She is totally unlike Cleo, but just what I needed, she constantly keeps me amused with her antics. She likes to find things and bring them to me. Usually things she thinks we can play with. She has brought me one end of a ball of twine (the other end up the stairs in my craft room). She brought me my husband's silk tie (oops! ), various other things from around the house and neighborhood.

• prologos
    prologos

talesin. lucky you,-- your "pickings are SLIM", normally they are the heavy side.

• Violia
    Violia

I highly recommend Jackson Galaxy for cat care . He has a program on Animal Planet and I think it can be viewed on the web too. He is the cat whisper. I just fell in love with this guy. He is from California and used to be extremely heavy. He wrote a book " Cat daddy" . His site has everything about cats and dogs too. You can find anything there. 4 links, his book at amazon, his show on Animal Planet, his website, tube.

" ... I'm not a bad cat I'm just misunderstood...." part of the opening and closing music.

http://www.amazon.com/Jackson-Galaxy/e/B007PLCU3M/ref=sr_tc_2_0?qid=1395970724&sr=8-2-ent

http://www.animalplanet.com/tv-shows/my-cat-from-hell

htp://jacksongalaxy.com/my-cat-from-hell/

From you tube, episodes of My Cat from Hell. first episode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Alag3vhZ414

Tal, I like what you are planing with being a foster cat parent. I can know losing "blue" was very difficult.

• talesin
    talesin

Check out Simon's Cat ..... best . cat . cartoons ..... EVER!

http://www.simonscat.com/Films/Cat-Man-Do/

:)

LisaRose, I still have a hydrangea blossom she brought home for me (in her mouth, yep!) about 6 years ago... it is dried.

@ prologos LOL! :P

Violia,,, I shall definitely check that guy out!

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Thanks Viola, I had never heard of him. I love cats and dogs and I am always fascinated with them and why they do the things they do. I have done some reading on the Meyers Briggs personality typing, and I believe animals have the same basic personality differences as people, some are extroverted, some introverted, etc. I had a nasty, revenge pooping cat, completely malajusted, although we raised from from a kitten, and he had never been abused. It took me years to figure out that half the time he was in a snit over something, he would just disappear. After a few days pouting, he would poop somewhere inappropriately, then he would be ready to acknowledge your existence again. My ex husband used to go on business trips, she did not like that, and would poop in his computer case when he got home. That one kind of made me happy, as I usually got stuck with clean up, lol.

Lizzie is a great cat, but she can be hard to handle, high energy, high curiosity, a little high strung. I think she might have been abused, any tension in the house and she come unglued. She does not like it if I go into the yard without her, it's like it's physically painful, she has ripped curtains and broken curtain rods due to this. She will try to calm herself down by crawling under a blanket, usually if you leave her alone she will settle down and come out after 15 or 20 minutes. But don't touch the blanket or she will grab your hand. But this is happening less and less, so I think she is doing better.

• Violia
    Violia

yes Jackson Galaxy is a hotty.

• LogCon
    LogCon

mouthy asked my age and gender

I will not tell you my age BUT if I am half as quick as you at 86 [87 in May] I will be a happy man.

• Violia
    Violia

Lisa, one of my girl cats ( the grouchy, sleepy one) will scat around and act like she is scratching around to find a toilet if I don't feed her when she is ready. ( she overeats) She discovered I will do anything to prevent her from urinating ( or acting like she might ) on things . So she makes it a game- I ignore her request for food so she scats about scratching , pawing boxes, rugs, anything including my purse to get my attention. She gets my attention, I snarl " stop that Kitty !!! and she runs to her food dish ( to await me ) I am tired of it so get up and feed her. Guess she has me trained well.

Otherwise they are very sweet cats. Jackson says the cats and dogs really just take on your personality ( or someone's in the house) . They react to turmoil and upset by acting out like small children. They also lay near me and purr when I need them. they are my babies.

• Violia
    Violia

As far as my age ( I refuse to post an age & yes I know it is silly) I think I mentioned I was in later grade school when the Beatles came to America in early 64. I missed Elvis ( otherwise known as E) the first time around but picked up his music in the 68- 77 time period. I loved Janis Joplin, Patty Smith, Queen, John Denver, and Meat Loaf and was crazy about SNL ( so many have left us) .I was also crazy about the Texas Outlaw music.

Mouthy is very inspiring to all of us. She is still helping others , even now by starting this group.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I think I am close to your age, I remember when the Beatles were on Ed Sullivan.

Yes, those cats do figure out how to manipulate us to get what they want, Lizzie has me well trained. I made the mistake of putting cat treats in my night stand once. She got the drawer open, pulled out the bag and ripped it open and ate all the treats. To this day she scratches at it to try to make me give her treats, and if the drawers are not completely closed, she will get in there, root around and pull things out to try to find treats. I come in and all my things are on the floor.

Yup, Mouthy is my hero. Many women her age would have been afraid to face family opposition by leaving, I am proud to be one of Gracies Gang.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit