Any seniors looking for association?

by cultBgone 148 Replies latest social relationships

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

One day I hope to get off the thryoid meds, I read that selenium and iodine supplements are just as good, so I got some research to do. I haven't had any ill effects from the levothroxine (sp) but I'm just thinking of the long term effect, since one time the Dr. bumped it up to 125 mg from 100 and I started getting pains in the back of my thighs, plus the fact their was no rhyme or reason why he bumped it up unless he get a bigger paycheck from big Pharma or something.

• snowbird
    snowbird

I'm a senior, can I come in out of the weather?

Sylvia

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Violia,

Too high would be worse for me than too low. The anxiety you must have! I wish you well. It is clear that I am doing much better. All I need is fine tuning now. I had thyroid problems as a kid. Well, the family doctor thought I did. He made some test that they make fun of now.

• Violia
    Violia

yes the anxiety was horrible -it was palpable. . I was on about 180 mg of Armour thyroid and should have been on about 120. ( in synthroid that would be approx 300 mcg I was on and needed to be on 200 mcg).Now I am on 150 mcg synthroid and they just added T3 today 5 mcg am /pm. My mom had thyroid issues and I was dx'd in 94. I do not see ever being able to get off the meds. Thyroid is usually forever.

• scary21
    scary21

You know I wonder sometimes, my sis and quite a few of my friends that I grew up with in the(50's 60's )all have hypo thyroid problems. ????

I felt like I was in the wrong body. I told my doctor that, and of course they think you need psyc care. That little gland can cause BIG problems.

Snowbird, come in from the cold....

Sherry

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Looks like a lot of you are on thyroid medication, it must be fairly common? My best friend from Colorado was on it, it's hard to get it exactly right sometimes.

Snowbird if you can handle all the talk about meds and bowels, you are welcome here.

BOTR, I know what you mean about front office staff, I thought it was just me. I learned the hard way to never ask anyone for anything other than an appointment, otherwise nothing is going to happen, no matter what they say. It took me three months and five phone calls to get a simple referral that I asked for at the previous appointment. I try to be very clear and very nice, it doesn't matter. It doesn't matter if you change doctors, it's the same everywhere. I guess it's the reality of modern medical care.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Thanks.

Sylvia

• mouthy
    mouthy

Oh I am so very sorry to read of all the suffering your going through ,been through..
    Here I am nearly 87... All my family is going through sufferings, but old me!!!Still here.
    So when I read all these suffering you know what I do??? ( Atheist please dont read)

"Dear Heavenly Father I come to you Asking MY LORD & Savior Jesus Christ.

You KNOW all on here that share.... PLEASE I ask you to touch each one of them

Heal them ,help them please. I ask this to the ONLY WAY, TRUTH,That gives Life>Jesus .Amen.

Ok, Atheist you can read now Love ya all.....Honest !!! Dont get on much !

But pop in once in a while ,,,just to let you know I "aint dead yet" ,Cant reach the bucket to kick, the old Devil keeps moving it....

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Well, I am not a believer Grace, but I appreciate the thought, what is important to me is the intent, not the words. I am glad you are still around, and glad to be part of Gracie' s Gang.

Well, I did the Alameda Point antique show today. It was rough, I couldn't sleep last night at all, I don't do well on four hours sleep. I got halfway there and realized I forgot something, so I had to turn around and go back. Its a huge show, 400 vendors on an old airport runway, imagine 400 vehicles finding their way in the dark to their appointed spot (Where oh where is X7?) and unloading lots of furniture and antiques, then finding your way to vendor parking. it's amazing that it all works out. I banged into into my fireplace mantel after I unloaded, it's repairable, but I couldn't sell it today, plus I forgot a drawer that went to a table. I have a fairly small vehicle, so every piece has to sell, so that is disappointing. The rest of the day was fine though, sales were pretty good. It's some amazing people watching, as you can imagine, being in the San Francisco area. Hipsters, hippies, the avant garde, alt rock punks and just plain folk, it's all there. Then at the end of the day fetch the car and wade through the caps to pack up. People are oblivious, they will walk right in front of your car, completely oblivious.

Hit it off with two ladies next to me, I may share a space with one of them at some point. I sold a fair amount which makes loading back up for the return bearable. Alameda is an island, so it takes 45 minutes to get through up to and through the underwater tube even though it's only a mile or so. I am beyond tired tonight, but glad I stuck it out. I am hoping to build a customer base and eventually turn to online sales and wholesaling.

Tomorrow, unload the car and head south to see my brother.

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

LisaRose, happy to hear your sales were good! Best wishes on your trip tomorrow. (((hugs)))

Grace, love your sense of humor! (((hugs)))

Time for bed, so (((hugs))) for everyone as well!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit