How do JWs Not see how barbaric YHWH is? Its what started my awakening.

by BU2B 142 Replies latest watchtower bible

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Perry: All men die, it makes no real difference if God decides some should die a little sooner or later for that matter to suit his purposes.

That's a really grand outlook you and your sphincter god have on life, Perry. But, you both are in good company. Other individuals in history have shared a similar twisted psychology. For example:

• Hitler

• Pol Pot

• Ghengis Khan

• countless other monsters who instigated genocides, from the OT to modern history

You see, Perry, the perpetrators of these atrocities against humanity felt the same way you and your despicable god do: all these 100's of millions of people were going to die eventually anyway...so why not just kill them sooner? And, kill them in the most horrific ways imaginable.

Perry, you are living proof that a recent study is true: humanity is becoming less violent...except among the religious. For them, it is business as usual: murder, mayem, and the promotion of untold suffering upon their fellow human beings- all in the name of their morally bankrupt deities who haven't grown up yet. Perry, you are a caricature...get some help to readjust your moral compass.

While history condemns these individuals for the suffering they caused, you look upon it and see no real problem. Truly astonishing what slips from the mouths of fundamentalists.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Perry: Genesis tells us that man was wicked and that every imagination of his heart was evil.

And who created man, according to Genesis? Your god did.

So, if I accept your Biblical fairytale, Perry, apparently the human apple did not fall far from the god tree...and creation merely reflected the creator---it can be no other way. In your haste to condemn humanity you have, in fact, implicated your god as the root cause of the problem.

I contend that humans are morally superior to your idiot god, for the acts that your god sanctions and smiles with approval on, humans find morally repugnant.

• paranoia agent
    paranoia agent

Jam wrote :If there is a God, I'm in deep sh---t. LOL

That is exactly what I want on my tomb stone.

• designs
    designs

Perry- I hope you will let your children make a choice about Beliefs as they grow up. Right now I know you are filling their heads with what you believe to be true but as they mature and naturally question life please allow them freedoms.

• paranoia agent
    paranoia agent

Typical Perry avoiding the questions.

• BU2B
    BU2B

I hate religion and the warped thinking it fosters. Perrys post speaks for itself. I think people cling to faith in Jokehovah because they are scared to death that death really does end it all and they cant face that probability, so they go through every sort of mental gymnastics required to justify the worst of behavior from Jehovah "pile of poop" God

• BU2B
    BU2B

I apolagize for my last post.. I am sorry. I do not mean to stoop to namecalling. I am just fustrated, please understand.

• designs
    designs

If you think these Fundamentalists aren't impacting future generations- 1 in 4 Americans believe the sun revolves around the earth....

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

"God is the immemorial refuge of the incompetent, the helpless, the miserable. They find not only sanctuary in His arms, but also a kind of superiority, soothing to their macerated egos: He will set them above their betters." --- H. L. Mencken

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

AndDontCallMeShirley - "'The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it, a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully.' - Richard Dawkins"

I always smile whever I read this quote and think to myself facetiously "Gosh, Dick, dont hold back; tell us what you really think."

AndDontCallMeShirley - "Perry, you are living proof that a recent study is true: humanity is becoming less violent...except among the religious."

I read about this, and it was really hard to deny; seems like the religious violence is getting worse, too.

If I had to guess, I'd say it was because reasonable people are - by and large - becoming less and less religious (for a whole slew of reasons), leaving the psychotic wackos holding the banner.

I could be wrong.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit