How do JWs Not see how barbaric YHWH is? Its what started my awakening.

by BU2B 142 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Heaven
    Heaven

BU2B said: WOW heaven! I have never seen the IS 45:7 verse.. I wonder why lol. I wonder how Jokehovahs witlesses explain that one away..

My parents were never able to explain it. They just got testy and snarky with me when I'd bring these things up.

The Wacktower are masters at maneuvering their members through the Bible to suit the Wacktower agenda.

• rocketman
    rocketman

Cofty, I'm not a theist or an apologist. Just my .02 on what I get from the Bible. What I'm merely saying is that those who look for some explanation from the Bible probably won't find one. I'm not saying that's right, or wrong. But it is, to myself and likely countless others, frustrating. When I read Job, for example, I look for some explanation, and I wonder how Job felt by not getting one.

I take no stand for or against - I know better than to do that around here. I don't care to debate. Offer an opinion here and the sharks circle, waiting to devour.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

As for me, I am here to learn. To here all sorts of ideas, and research the ones that intrique me.

Learning from critical thinking is not something the JW is allowed to do. They are told to think the literal God from the OT is always loving, not barbaric, so they believe it. The JWs don't ever "see" anything beyond the WT until they drop the scales from their eyes and see the reality of the idol they are worshping.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit