How do JWs Not see how barbaric YHWH is? Its what started my awakening.

by BU2B 142 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Jon Preston
    Jon Preston

I first thought it was over the top when that one israelite was commended (ugh i hate that word now) for stabbing two people through the genitals.......

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

I've disliked the OT god for so long 'DontCallMeShirley', but I've never looked at the Cain & Abel story like that before.

What you said is just so true.

God has done himself no favours dealing with humans the way the OT say's he did.

• BU2B
    BU2B

And a JW last night at the meeting commented how christendom lies make god seem unlovable, with the hellfire doctrine.. Ummm I think he does a good enough job of that himself.. Just READ THE OLD TESTAMENT! Pol Pot didnt have a hellfire doctrine and guess what?? Still a pretty unlovable fellow!

Jehovah is the all powerful celestial Pol Pot and JWs are his Khmer Rouge!

• Comatose
    Comatose

What's worse ADCMS and Heartofaboy is how god chooses to help along the progress of bad and evil. Consider this.

With regard to angels coming to earth and taking women and hurting people, the WT says man chose to go without god so he had to face those consequences. He couldn't be protected from his poor decision. But, god didn't just ignore man and let him alone.

He like you said, helped Cain! First he does interact with him and talk to him, just doesn't with Abel. Why? To protect free will? Well he was talking to Cain, he could have talked to Abel. Then he protects the murderer.

Its not enough for god to disown his children. He actively does things to make life hard. Confusing the languages creates nationalism and division and religious strife. Thanks god.

• sir82
    sir82

Jehovah had to be tough with early mankind. They were hard-headed and hard-hearted.

Wait - I thought "early mankind" was closer to perfection.

Wouldn't Jehovah have to get more progressively "tougher" as the milenniums rolled on?

I thought we were living in the "last days", when "everything" and "everyone" is far more depraved than ever before in human history?

I'm so confused!

• BU2B
    BU2B

Its not enough for god to disown his children. He actively does things to make life hard. Confusing the languages creates nationalism and division and religious strife. Thanks god.

Amen to that.. It seems clear to me that YHWH was threatened by mans potential free of his medling so he confused the languages. Seems to me that would mke him responsible for the division and raciscm we see today. If he left the people alone, whats to say people would not be united.

• Comatose
    Comatose

According to the bible they would be! They had come together to build an awesome tower. There was nothing they coudn't accomplish. So......... let's make them unable to talk so they start to fight and quit building the tower.

• BU2B
    BU2B

I dont believe in the Bible at all but If I did, I can really see where WTwizard is coming from. Jehovah seems like he wanted to enslave the human race because he must be praised and control peoples personal lives. The difference is, I dont see the "devil" as being any better. He was just another tyrant that wanted control as well. I always wondered when still in where humanity would be if it werent meddled with by spirit entities.

• Comatose
    Comatose

Same here! Agree.

• BU2B
    BU2B

Any Christians like to add their opinions? No one?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit