How do JWs Not see how barbaric YHWH is? Its what started my awakening.

by BU2B 142 Replies latest watchtower bible

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

comatose: Confusing the languages creates nationalism and division and religious strife. Thanks god.

I guess god, in all his grand omiscient-osity never considered that, if man's languages and unified way of communicating was permannently disrupted, it would then naturally become infinitely more difficult (i.e. impossible) for the "truth" of his word, the Bible, to be understood as well. Additionally, religious differences are probably the single greatest factor behind all human conflict. Good going, Jayhoover...

Do you think god (if he was real---not!) ever had a "Doh!!!" moment as a result of his epically bad decisions?

• FadeToBlack
    FadeToBlack

ADCMS: I think he had at least one. In the Genesis account before the flood, it said he felt regret about having made man. I'm sure a lot of other species, extinct or not would agree it was a bad decision.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

@ FTB: In the Genesis account before the flood, it said he felt regret about having made man.

Don't forget...after the Flood he felt bad about floods, too. I wonder if god eventually came to regret rainbows for some reason also*??? The Bible doesn't say but, based on god's record of childishly impulsive action followed by regret, it's a fair assumption.

* maybe this is answered by Russell Crowe in his new movie "Noah". Someone will have to tell me, as I have no interest in Biblical comedies.

• Comatose
    Comatose

I'd throw up if I watched Noah the movie...

God is probably sad about rainbows now. After all the homosexual community identifies with them. How sad for god...

I bet when god was walking through the garden in the breezy part of the day looking for Adam to see what he was up to, and he figured out Adam was hiding somewhere, but he couldn't find him... he was probably sad he made that damn tree. Kind of like in movies when bad guys put a self destruct button on their fantastic weapon, or when a bomb has a simple switch to turn it off. Then the bad guy is like, oh man! Why did I make that self destruct button!!!

That's god.

Why did I make talking snakes??? Why did I make that tree they can't eat so that it looks so desirable??? Wait... Why did I make it at all??? Wait!!!!! Quick!! You cherub! Yes, you! Here, take this sword thing I just thought of and go guard the tree of Immortality!!!! OMG! Those little brats could eat my live forever tree and really screw me!!!!

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

BU2B:

I confess that this didn't sit well with me either. But, I somehow managed to suppress these feelings the whole time I was in the religion.

• Shanagirl
    Shanagirl

You all keep talking about this OT Jehovah as being so evil, but doesn't anyone think that maybe, just maybe, this is not truly God but the Chief of Demons pretending to be God? It is all so obvious that Jehovah, Yahweh is a fake fraud, and getting the whole world to think he is the Almighty.

The whole issue with Cain is interesting also. The other Genesis stories in mythology relates what Abel said to his brother Cain on one particular occasion: “my sacrifice, my offering, was accepted by God because I love him, your offering was on the other hand rejected because you hate him”. Now it is quite clear, Cain hates the creator because he is born from the Spirit, his true nature is Spiritual! Put this way it is quite clear. All these legends and myths surrounding Genesis tell us many things. Through them we realise that much information has been distorted and hidden from us.

Shana

• Comatose
    Comatose

I'm sorry shana I don't understand what you are talking about with Cain being spiritual...

it's all fake anyways though, so who cares! :]

• Jon Preston
    Jon Preston

This thread is funny. I still havent really heard any real christian answers.....:-/

• jam
    jam

OK I will be the Devil's advocate or maybe the Christian advocate.

Let's take the Holocaust. Why did the Holocaust happen? Why didn't

God stop it?

First of all it is not wrong to ask God why he allow violence, lawlessness,

crime and cruelty to spread everywhere. Habakkuk ask the very question

in Habakkuk 1:3

Folks we know God hates wickedness and the suffering it cause, Proverbs

6:16-19. So the Holocaust was not a punishment fo the Jews, but he

did allow Jerusalem to be destroyed by the Romans. Since then however,

God does not single out any ethnic group for special favor or for punishment.

In God's view, there is no difference between Jews and Gentiles.

Wow!! I'm trying my best to be an advocate for Christians but it's difficult. LOL

WE must remember that God felt hurt in his hearth because of the

violence spreading in the earth, Gen:6 5,6... I'm sure he felt tremendous

pain over the Holocaust, because Malachi tells us " I am the Lord, I do not

change, Therefore you are not consumed. Malachi 3;6.

OK I tried defending the faith but I'am sorry Christians, God sometimes

act as if he is on drugs.

• Shanagirl
    Shanagirl

Jam, why didn't he stop the Holocost? Hmmmm, becausse he's an evil Demi god? I used to wonder all these inconsistencies about the god of the bible. Then one day I read a story that seemed to explain everything in a different way but more believable pieces to the puzzle explained a lot of things. I don't have time to go into it now because I have to leave the computer. But briefly, I found my answers in the Apocryhon of John, were Jesus speaks to John the son of Zebedee and brother of James. Here is the beginning of a story Jesus gave to John after he appeared to him following his death. Jesus then explained all things to him starting with his Father in Heave, and how his Heavenly Father also was 'andrognenous" and eminated a feminine aspect of himself which in turn sparked the emanation of the only begotten Son, Christ, The Father is the Almighty Invisiible, Unamable Spirit, His Feminine aspect is "Providence and Foreknowledge of All", The Son, is the Word, the Christ, and out of this comes to be in this Realm of Light other creations of Light beings or Angels and gods, all androgenous..... So anyway, here is the beginning of Jesus conversation with John. This is from the Davies Translaton of this Book

The Secret Book of John (The Apocryphon of John) Translated by Stevan Davies

The Revelation of the Mysteries Hidden in Silence
    [Those Things that He Taught to John, His Disciple]

Prologue

One day John, the brother of James [these are the sons of Zebedee], was going up to the Temple. A Pharisee by the name of Arimanios came up to him and challenged him, asking: "Where is the teacher you used to follow?"

John replied, "He has gone back to the place from which he came."

The Pharisee said, "That Nazarene misled you (plural), told [ The Teaching of the Savior]
    you lies, closed your hearts and turned you away from your ancestral traditions.”

When I heard these things, I, John, turned away from the temple and went off to a deserted mountainous place. I was very unhappy, saying to myself:

"How was the Savior designated?
    Why did his Father send him into the world?
    Who is his Father?
    What kind of realm will we go to?

For, although he told us, ‘This realm is modeled on the imperishable realm,’
    He didn't teach us about the latter.”

All of a sudden, while I was contemplating these things,
    Behold!
    The heavens opened and the whole of creation shone with a light from above,
    And the world quaked!
    I was afraid, yet
    Behold!

A little child appeared before me in the light.
    I continued looking at him as he became an old man
    And then he changed again, becoming like a young man.
    I didn't understand what I was seeing,
    But the one likeness had several forms in the light,
    And these likenesses appeared each through the other
    And the vision had three forms.

He said to me,
    “John, why doubt?
    Why be afraid?
    Don’t you know this image?
    Be not afraid.

http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/apocjn-davies.html

Shana

Share this