sf

Good, it works. And two new posts just surfaced:

Subject Author Rec'd Date/Time (ET)
    8 Buffet and bin Laden
    chinaskee 05/06/02 11:36 am
    7 And who would survive??????
    my_kids_gave_me_gray_hair 05/06/02 11:35 am

Come on BOB, get in on the discussion.

If I do not see you post, I will cut/paste what is here.

It's public anyway, right? You stand by your words, right? Well, let the rest of the world WITNESS your dazzlement, firsthand.

What do you say Bob?

If man was supposedly created in gods image, then.....holy krap...we're all doomed.-sKallyWagger

“What a blessing such integrity keepers are to the congregation!”(5/15/02 WT magazine, pg. 27)

• You Know
    You Know
    A person's belief doesn't determine reality either.

That's true. What determines the future is the pre-recorded word of Jehovah. And Jehovah's word says this world is going to suffer a catastrophic meltdown. / You Know

• AlanF
    AlanF

Booby said:

: That's complete nonsense. You WANT to believe that science has disproved the flood, the same as people WANT to believe that evolution is true. That's in fact what the Scripture says, that "according to their WISH this fact escapes their notice."

It's not that science has disproved a global Flood, Booby, but that there exists absolutely no evidence for one. None. Nada. Zip.

It's like claiming that you, Booby, are a maker of true predictions. But anyone can know, based on your record, that you're not. You have made no correct predictions. Not one. Nada. Zip.

A complete lack of evidence to support a claim that would necessarily generate massive amounts of it is not simply suggestive of, but absolute proof, that the claim is false.

You claim to make correct predictions? Show me one. You claim there's evidence for a Flood? Show it to me.

But you can't show anything at all. And neither can anyone else. Therefore your claims are demonstrably false.

But it doesn't matter to the true believer. They believe, not because of evidence, but because of a need to believe. That's why young-earth creationists believe. That's why Jehovah's Witnesses believe. That's why you believe. That's what is embodied in the spirit of the Scripture says that "according to their WISH this fact escapes their notice." Wishing doesn't make your wishes true, Booby.

Several years ago, you decided to educate yourself a bit about geology so as to be able to defend the idea of a Flood. Obviously, your reading showed you that you couldn't find any evidence. In fact, it showed you the contrary. So you gave up and reverted back to the usual meaningless generalities that fuel the engines of true believers everywhere.

Such a sad little man. Such a sad religion.

AlanF

• You Know
    You Know

No SF, my words are public, but they directed to a very narrow and specific audience that has an interest in the affairs of Jehovah's Witnesses. I do not give you my permission to repost any of my writings elsewere. / You Know

• joelbear
    joelbear

YuK YuK says

A person's disbelief doesn't determine reality.

Joelbear says

Neither does a person's belief.

Carpe Diem, its all you've got.

Joel

• SYN
    SYN

Oh man, to my dying day I will remember YouKnow versus AlanF! It's like the heavyweight championship on JW.COM! *LOL* Yeah baby yeah! Who will win - the one practising Theocratic Warfare, or the one using his head? Only time and much posting will tell!

So, YouKnow, do you think that "God" or "Jehovah" will stop Bush from pressing the Big Red Button? If you do, I think it's time you visited that big building with "Library" written on it. You might change your mind after that.

"If men were like their personal ads, they wouldn't need personal ads."

• LDH
    LDH

So, hey, did anybody hear the news? Spiderman set a new opening weekend record!!!!!!

$114 MILLION Dollars which blew Harry Potter's $90 Million opening weekend out of the water.

I didn't get a chance to see it; I had a busy weekend. I did allow my daughter and her friend to go see Scorpion King with <<HUBBA HUBBA>> The Rock.

I rented two movies this weekend, Spy Game which was a disappointment (Robert Redford and Brad Pitt) and Training Day with Denzel.

Truthfully, with all of the Oscar hype around Denzel and people saying it wasn't his best performance--I gotta respectfully disagree. I was riveted by his performance, and Ethan Hawke's reluctant hero character was well played.

Lisa
    Derailing YK's blathering Class

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

<Hijacking Bob's thread>

Spot on Lisa. Spiderman was good, and for that matter so was Scorpion King, but...
    StarWars Episode II - Attack of the Clones

is going to destroy anything and everything in it's path.

It is not religious persecution for an informed person to expose publicly a certain religion as being false, thus allowing persons to see the difference between false religion and true religion.
    WT 11/15/1963 page 688 paragraph 3

• sf
    sf

"No SF, my words are public, but they directed to a very narrow and specific audience that has an interest in the affairs of Jehovah's Witnesses. I do not give you my permission to repost any of my writings elsewere. / You Know"

I spy the word PUBLIC!

Thank you...I shall just post the entire thread Bob. Then everyone will have to sue me.

If man was supposedly created in gods image, then.....holy krap...we're all doomed.-sKallyWagger

“What a blessing such integrity keepers are to the congregation!”(5/15/02 WT magazine, pg. 27)

• dubla
    dubla

lisa-

Truthfully, with all of the Oscar hype around Denzel and people saying it wasn't his best performance--I gotta respectfully disagree. I was riveted by his performance....
    personally, i was thoroughly impressed with his performance as well......i wouldnt say it wasnt his best performance, but i would say it wasnt nearly as awe-inspiring as crowes performance in "a beautiful mind". but i digress......we already had a whole thread on that one .

you didnt like spy game? ive heard that from others as well, and it puzzles me because i really enjoyed it. were you just expecting something else, maybe more action? or did you think it moved too slow? i did get a little tired of the conference room scenes.......seemed to drag a bit, and the writers took awhile to tell the story.

aa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit