ONLY A MATTER OF TIME

by You Know 96 Replies latest social current

• You Know
    You Know

World renown conservative investor, Warren Buffet, told an audience that a nuclear attack upon the United States was a certainty. Such an attack would of course result in swift and terrible retaliation and the likey annihilation of most of the Arab world and then some. Whether or not that proves to be the exact scenario that's played out, it must be admitted that the climate for the sudden outbreak of a nuclear storm has never been so favorable. Americans are in La-La Land, concerned primarily about how much money Spider Man is going to rake in. The one positive aspect is that apostate ridiculers will become instantly terror struck and silenced. / You Know

click here> http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20020506/ap_wo_en_ge/us_buffett_nuclear_attack_1

• blondie
    blondie

That is hard to believe that a God who created the earth would need to allow humans to destroy almost utterly any part of it.

What scripture do you base this prophecy on?

• Mommie Dark
    Mommie Dark

"The one positive aspect is that apostate ridiculers will become instantly terror struck and silenced."

Yeah Bobby... and so will all you idiot Jdubs when you realize your Gawd isn't gonna do dick to put a stop to it. You won't have some colgate invisible shield to keep you from radiation sickness. Of course, you believe that somehow whatever calamity befalls humankind, you will remain exempt.

You continue to amaze, buddy. Astounding how you just keep crankin out the hucksterisms. I'm gonna take up a collection for a nice sturdy soapbox for you, so you can take your message to the streets where it belongs.

• You Know
    You Know
    That is hard to believe that a God who created the earth would need to allow humans to destroy almost utterly any part of it.

A person's disbelief doesn't determine reality. The Scriptures and Christ himself speak about an earth-wide deluge that completely destroyed an entire civilization, yet the ridiculers refuse to believe that such a thing occurred. Similarly, the Bible, as well as Christ, treat as history the annihilation of the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah and the entire district surrounding, in which Jehovah followed what might be termed a "scorched earth policy," in which the entire region was rendered unfit for human habitation and cultivation for many years---yet, of course, the ridiculers scoff at any such divine retribution upon the depraved.

So, it is not at all out of keeping with the ridiculer's mentality that some would find it unbelieveable that God would allow any sort of nuclear holocaust to befall this system of things. Such thinking though is mere wishful thinking. The reality of the situation is that the Devil is the god and C.E.O. of World Inc, and he is not going to go quietly into the night. It is his world and if Jehovah dares to make a move on him he is going to blow it up, or at least a good bit of it. The one thing for certain is that at some point we are going to need Jehovah. He is the God of salvation. Right now people have the luxury of going their own way and don't have to acknowledge God, but that's a temporary indulgence. / You Know

• dubla
    dubla
    Americans are in La-La Land, concerned primarily about how much money Spider Man is going to rake in.

well, i for one have already added my $5.50 to the cause. if you grew up reading spiderman comics the way i did, youll love the movie. if you go in expecting the modern-day realism that is injected into the majority of action movies now, youll probably hate it. by that i mean, expect to watch a comic book unfold on screen.......almost as if youre actually reading it. as far as what it rakes in, well, id imagine "attack of the clones" will dwarf it revenue wise. but who cares about star wars when a nuclear attack is imminent? we should all be heading for the kingdom hall people!

aa

• You Know
    You Know
    if you grew up reading spider man comics the way i did, youll love the movie.

LOL / You Know

• dubla
    dubla

yk-

ridicule from you? im not only shocked, but deeply hurt by this attack. of course, we all know your ridicule is commanded by the scriptures, so i guess ill just have to understand.

interestingly enough, spiderman wasnt the only fictional periodical i read as a child.......i also read the watchtower and awake magazines regularly.

aa

• one
    one

"ONLY A MATTER OF TIME" yeah how much time? 1k years?

How excited did you get when Nikita Krusev (the soviet union strong man) placed a few of those nasty bombs 90 miles from usa?

how long ago was it, do you rembember? 20, 30, 40 years back?

IT IS a matter of time... but it could take a million years, do you care?

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman
    The reality of the situation is that the Devil is the god and C.E.O. of World Inc, and he is not going to go quietly into the night. It is his world and if Jehovah dares to make a move on him he is going to blow it up, or at least a good bit of it.

Very much in keeping with the typical JW attitude that Satan is more powerful than Jehovah. When it comes to fear and respect, JW's give it to the organization first, Satan second, and Jehovah third (maybe). JW's who think nothing of going to R-Rated movies in defiance of Jehovah's instructions 'through his organization' will nonetheless balk at buying an item of clothing at a yard sale, because, hey, you never know, it might be demonized...

What will happen will happen because God allows it, not because he is unable to stop Satan from wreaking havoc, as your remarks imply.

i John 4:4 "You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world."

Tom

"Gentlemen, he said, I don't need your organization, I've shined your shoes, I've moved your mountains and marked your cards. But Eden is burning"
    --Bob Dylan
  • AlanF
    AlanF

But you see, Booby, just your Mommy does, you only tell the part that seems to support your most ardent desires. Here's what the news story actually said, according to your link:

"We're going to have something in the way of a major nuclear event in this country," said Buffett, the firm's chief operating officer. "It will happen. Whether it will happen in 10 years or 10 minutes, or 50 years ... it's virtually a certainty."

Buffett is engaging in very reasonable speculation -- the same speculation that countless others have been doing since 1945. He may well be right. If he is, that's the breaks.

But no matter what, nuclear destruction will have no more to do with "the end" as predicted by idiot Jehovah's Witnesses like you than World War I did, or WWII, or any other war of this century, or any other disaster, or anything else that might appear to relate the usual false predictions of idiot prognosticators to real events. Any resemblance is demonstrably coincidental.

Why do I say "demonstrably"? Because every prediction that idiots like you and the Society and its immediate forebears have made, from 1860 onward, has failed completely. And of course, all of these are based on "the assured expectation of realities though not beheld", which goes to show how much value your faith really has.

Despite these 100% failures, idiot prognosticators remain believers. They simply redesign their beliefs so as to retain an expectation of the desired disastrous future. An interesting comment on this redesign is made by Carl Sagan in Broca's Brain, pages 332-333:

Doctrines that make no predictions are less compelling than those which make correct predictions; they are in turn more successful than doctrines that make false predictions.

But not always. One prominent American religion confidently predicted that the world would end in 1914. Well, 1914 has come and gone, and -- while the events of that year were certainly of some importance -- the world does not, at least so far as I can see, seem to have ended. There are at least three responses that an organized religion can make in the face of such a failed and fundamental prophecy. They could have said, "Oh, did we say ?1914'? So sorry, we meant ?2014.' A slight error in calculation. Hope you weren't inconvenienced in any way." But they did not. They could have said, "Well, the world would have ended, except we prayed very hard and interceded with God so He spared the Earth." But they did not. Instead, they did something much more ingenious. They announced that the world had in fact ended in 1914, and if the rest of us hadn't noticed, that was our lookout. It is astonishing in the face of such transparent evasions that this religion has any adherents at all. But religions are tough. Either they make no contentions which are subject to disproof or they quickly redesign doctrine after disproof. The fact that religions can be so shamelessly dishonest, so contemptuous of the intelligence of their adherents, and still flourish does not speak very well for the tough-mindedness of the believers. But it does indicate, if a demonstration were needed, that near the core of the religious experience is something remarkably resistant to rational inquiry. [Carl Sagan, Broca's Brain, Ballantine Books, New York, 1982, p. 332]

I can think of few things on this board more "remarkably resistant to rational inquiry" than the mind of Booby You Know.

AlanF

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit