ONLY A MATTER OF TIME

by You Know 96 Replies latest social current

• Liberty
    Liberty

Good to hear from you again You Know,

Those of us who disbelieve the World Wide Flood do so because there is no evidence for such an event. In fact, all evidence, Geological, Biological, Anthropological, and Archeological points to the reality that a World Wide Flood could NOT have happened ever in the past, let alone just a few thousand years ago as the Biblical time lines require. This does not even get into the logical or common sense reasons why such an event is pure fiction. Unfortunately, you will not examine the evidence objectively so you are left believing in things that never happened and things which never will happen.

You made a very true statement however, that, "a person's disbelief doesn't determine reality". How true and the same could be said of someone's beliefs. So there is hope for you yet. What you or I believe is of little importance to reality's outcome. What really matters in reality are the facts. Your conjectures about the future are clouded by your belief in a religious philosophy which facts have proven over and over again to be unreliable. Anyone can predict the possibility of an atomic attack since such weapons do exist but we are just as likely to be hit by a bolide (astroid) or enter another ice age. None of these possible catastrophies means that God is behind them however, because they have all happened before and yet they did not usher in Armegeddon.

Such predictions are of only limited use since there is little we can do about them as our belief or disbelief in God has never had an effect on these deadly events in the past and therefore probably won't in the future either. Christians died in the blast at Hiroshima just like pagans. If you can provide some evidence which can change the outcomes of future events or prove that God will protect us then I'm ready to listen but so far all we've gotten are vague threats and a thousand contradicting paths to God's favor. If I am ever judged before God's throne I will stand as an honest disbeliever and He will do with me whatever He pleases anyway whether I believed in wild predictions or not. I can see no logical advantage in your Doomsaying philosophy.

• You Know
    You Know
    How excited did you get when Nikita Krusev (the soviet union strong man) placed a few of those nasty bombs 90 miles from usa? how long ago was it, do you rembember? 20, 30, 40 years back?

I have vivid childhood recollections of the Cuban Missile Crisis. My parents were very worried about the situation, as were most adults at the time. We had some neighbors that actually built an underground bomb shelter. The Cuban Missile Crisis, along with the assination of Kennedy, had a lot to do with conditioning people's minds to live for the moment. Shortly after the trauma had passed the mindless rock & roll, drug, sex, counter-culture was launched that has by now produced a second generation of complete cluless hedonists, many of which are now the easy prey for the riducler's reasoning, which never changes; reasoning such as that 'because nothing bad happened then that nothing bad will ever happen.' Such reasoning is childish and the height of stupidity. The ridiculer can't tolerate having his elaborate self-contructed Fantasy Land disrupted by such harsh realities as nuclear war or worse yet, Jehovah's impending judgment. Such antics are hilarious to watch actually.

/ You Know

• You Know
    You Know
    In fact, all evidence, Geological, Biological, Anthropological, and Archeological points to the reality that a World Wide Flood could NOT have happened ever in the past, let alone just a few thousand years ago as the Biblical time lines require.

That's complete nonsense. You WANT to believe that science has disproved the flood, the same as people WANT to believe that evolution is true. That's in fact what the Scripture says, that "according to their WISH this fact escapes their notice."

/ You Know

• hillary_step
    hillary_step
    The one positive aspect is that apostate ridiculers will become instantly terror struck and silenced.

Now, now Robert. The vindictive tone of your comment is hardly in keeping with Jesus instructions for his followers to love their enemies. Sometimes you can be a very, very naughty boy indeed.

I notice that many of yout tirades hit the Board on Monday mornings. I appreciate how hard it must be to be as intellectually capable as you are, and yet to have to sit and listen to the monotonous and semi-scripted drivel that exudes from the lips of your teachers during the Sunday meetings.

But please, have some pity and do not take out your frustrations out on us.

Personally I think you would make a fine elder, firm yet loving, patient and kind, and always ready to spring like a jaguar at Gods enemies and garott them at the drop of a hat.

As to the dangerous nuclear tennis match that you paint above, I agree with both yourself and Mr. Buffett. I have no doubt that within the next decade a nuclear 'dirty bomb' will explode somewhere, perhaps triggering retaliation.

When this happens, God help us all Robert. As with wars in this modern day, the innocents will perish like flies.

What a happy Monday....lol

HS

• sf
    sf

Ya Know Bob, as soon as I saw this msnbc news alert go off at the bottom of my screen, I immediately thought of you. How splendid you have posted it for the viewers before I could:

< http://www.msnbc.com/news/748026.asp?0na=x2101211-

ENVY AND DISLIKE of the United States have fueled rage against the country even as the ability to build a nuclear device has spread, Buffett said Sunday at the final day of Berkshire Hathaway Inc.’s annual meeting.
    “We’re going to have something in the way of a major nuclear event in this country,” said Buffett, the firm’s chief operating officer. “It will happen. Whether it will happen in 10 years or 10 minutes, or 50 years ... it’s virtually a certainty.”
    Washington and New York would be the top two targets because terrorists want to traumatize the country and kill as many people as possible, Buffett said.
    Chemical or biological attacks are similarly high risks, Buffett said.
    Buffett is the second-richest man in the world with holdings in Coca-Cola Co., American Express and The Washington Post, but his main business is insurance.
    Berkshire Hathaway’s insurance companies — particularly General Re Corp. — took a $2.4 billion underwriting loss because of the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks in New York and Washington.

The companies are now writing policies on terrorism but limiting their liability in any nuclear, biological or chemical attack. Only the federal government can ultimately insure property and other damage from a major terrorist attack, Buffett said.
    The 71-year-old Buffett and vice chairman Charlie Munger met with the news media the day after they spent six hours answering questions from some of the more than 10,000 Berkshire shareholders gathered for the annual meeting.

REBOUND SIGNALLED FOR BERKSHIRE
    Meanwhile, Buffet signaled a roaring return to profit Saturday for his Berkshire Hathaway Inc., but warned that frauds and sloppy accounting were rife in American business, while returns on stock investing would likely be lower over the next few years than they have been.
    “You’re going to see great results from our insurance businesses,” Buffett told an estimated 10,000 shareholders at Omaha’s Civic Auditorium Saturday at the firm’s annual meeting.
    Berkshire, whose main business is insurance, made an operating loss last year as it was hammered by billions of dollars in Sept. 11 insurance claims. It is now making up the ground as premium rates soar.
    “He was more optimistic than we expected,” Matt Sauer, a portfolio manager at Oak Value Capital Management, told Reuters.
    Berkshire’s insurance businesses, including reinsurer General Re and cut-price car insurer GEICO, made underwriting profits in the first quarter, Buffett said. Berkshire’s first-quarter results are due to be released this Friday.

But elsewhere, Buffett, and his long-time partner Munger, were less bullish on ways to make money, saying 6 percent to 7 percent was a fair return on investments in the current low interest rate environment.
    “We have more money than ideas,” Buffett admitted, saying that finding good investments was not easy. Berkshire, which has grown to more than $110 billion in market value since Buffett took over in 1965, is always on the lookout for acquisitions.
    “We wait for the fat pitch,” said Buffett, mentioning that he may be interested in buying firms in bankruptcy because of asbestos problems, but only if all liabilities had been dealt with. Buffett has repeatedly said he needs a single $15 billion or so acquisition to keep Berkshire growing.

ENRON ‘GROTESQUE’
    Buffett and Munger were more vocal on the matter of Enron Corp., the collapsed energy trader, and other woes besetting American business.
    “Enron was the most disgusting example of a business culture gone wrong,” said Munger, while Buffett called the firm’s behavior “grotesque.”
    Neither showed much sympathy for Arthur Andersen, Enron’s auditor, while they also criticized Wall Street investment banks, blamed by some for fueling the Enron debacle. “Can it be sold?” is the only question banks consider now when dealing with stocks, Buffett said, with no regard for investors.
    Both relaunched their familiar tirade against stock option accounting, saying options should be treated as an expense, just as other types of compensation are. When they are not, it misleadingly boosts profits and hurts shareholders by diluting the value of their shares.
    “It’s shameful,” said Buffett, who is backing Federal Reserve chairman Alan Greenspan’s recent attempts to persuade regulators to insist on changes in stock option accounting. But he is pessimistic that changes will be made. “CEOs have their hands on the switch,” Buffett said. “They get what they want every year; consultants just fan the flames.”
    Asked about the apparent spread of corporate fraud in the light of recent meltdowns, Buffett said he and Munger had so far avoided being fooled, but he had seen plenty of frauds in public U.S. companies.
    “Many of the crooks look like crooks,” said Buffett. “Wall Street loves them as long as they are pushing out securities.”

Looking out for who uses EBITDA numbers is a good start in spotting frauds, Buffett said, referring to a style of financial reporting made popular by lossmaking Internet firms, which discounts interest, tax, depreciation, amortization and other one-time items from results. “They are either conning you, or themselves,” Buffett said.
    Buffett predicted that derivatives — a major business for Enron — would also trip up other firms in the future. “There’s no place with as much potential for phony numbers as derivatives,” said Buffett. Munger went further: “To say derivative accounting in America is in the sewer is an insult to sewage.”
    Buffett’s reinsurer, General Re, is currently unwinding its derivatives unit, taking some losses.

BUFFETT’S SECRET
    Several Berkshire shareholders, from as far away as Hong Kong and South Africa, quizzed Buffett on his investing technique.
    “There is no single metric I can give you that tells you now is a good time to buy stocks,” Buffett told one shareholder, who asked what calculations he should make to evaluate stocks. “People always want a formula;, it doesn’t work that way.”
    The only way to value a stock, or a company, he said, is to estimate what cash a business will throw off over the course of its life, work out the value of that cash now, and buy it for less. “A great IQ is not needed to do well as an investor,” Buffett said. What is needed is the “ability to detach yourself from the crowd.”
    More stocks & economy news

• Stocks waver
    • Analysts' pay linked to banking
    • Peregrine stock plunges 60 percent
    • Northrop extends $6.7 billion offer
    • U.S. jobless rate jumps to 6 percent

If man was supposedly created in gods image, then.....holy krap...we're all doomed.-sKallyWagger

“What a blessing such integrity keepers are to the congregation!”(5/15/02 WT magazine, pg. 27)

• dubla
    dubla
    Such antics are hilarious to watch actually.

lurkers note: the only hilarious antics on this thread are yks usual deceit tactics (that he so regularly accuses "apostates" of). i hadnt taken the time to read buffets actual statement, so i couldnt comment on it until now, but i thank alan for bringing yks most recent deceptive manuever to light.

lets break it down once more to show yks obvious deceit.

yks quote(bold mine):

World renown conservative investor, Warren Buffet, told an audience that a nuclear attack upon the United States was a certainty.
    the actual quote by buffet:

....it's virtually a certainty.
    see any differnce here? not only did buffet leave his prediction open ended time wise (it could happen 1000 years from now with his implication), but he also left the possibility that it wont happen at all (by using the word "virtually").

so why would yk try to twist buffets words? what purpose does this serve? its a scare tactic. lets face it, yk has learned from the best of the best when it comes to scare tactics (wtbts), and thats what he utilizes in most if not all of his gloom and doom threads. by twisting buffets words to fit his own little nuclear/financial meltdown blubberings, he seemingly adds a credible source to his ridiculous ravings (he did the same thing awhile back by twisting a government report). without these deceptive twistings, he is left with only a known lunatic (larouche) to back up his gloom and doom predictions. im anxiously anticipating the month of june......we will see another one of yks absurd financial predictions pass by unfulfilled, just as the rest of them (the central banks going bankrupt at the start of 2002 for one). its comical really.....so the spiderman tie-in was very fitting, LOL.

aa

• You Know
    You Know
    What will happen will happen because God allows it, not because he is unable to stop Satan from wreaking havoc, as your remarks imply.

Madman, you are an idiot. I didn't imply any such thing. / You Know

• sf
    sf

Hey BOB!

Shall I cut/paste your posts here and share them here?:

< http://news.messages.yahoo.com/bbs?.mm=NEWS&action=l&ft=1&board=37138459&sid=37138459&title=Billionaire%20investor%20Warren%20Buffett%20predicts%20a%20nuclear%20attack%20on%20America%0A&tid=apusbuffettnuclearattack&date=05-06-2002&url=story.news.yahoo.com%2Fnews%3Ftmpl%3Dstory%26u%3D%2Fap%2F20020506%2Fap_wo_en_ge%2Fus_buffett_nuclear_attack_1

[Subject Author Rec'd Date/Time (ET)
    6 Re: Lovely...
    cat_herder13 05/06/02 11:28 am
    5 Re: Lovely...
    namasteir 05/06/02 11:18 am
    4 Re: Lovely...
    cat_herder13 05/06/02 11:07 am
    3 Re: Lovely...
    meltheman11 05/06/02 10:08 am
    2 Lovely...
    namasteir 05/06/02 10:04 am
    1 It's Hillary's fault!
    Wendell75 1 05/06/02 08:41 am

Hillary, is that you on this thread? (i hope this link works)

• NameWithheld
    NameWithheld
    A person's disbelief doesn't determine reality.

A person's belief doesn't determine reality either.

• TR
    TR

dubla,

interestingly enough, spider man wasnt the only fictional periodical i read as a child.......i also read the watchtower and awake magazines regularly.
    LOL! I hear that older issues of the comics, "Watchtower", "Awake!", "Golden Age", and "Consolation", as well as other WT fiction publications, are worth some money these days.

TR

UADNA-WA
    Unseen Apostate Directorate of North America- Washington Division

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit