i wish more churches would preach truth like this

by unstopableravens 258 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Laika
    Laika

Tammy, I don't understand. I remember we disagreed on the nature and purpose of baptism. Does this mean you think I'm a false Christian? :(

• tec
    tec

No it does not. Nor would the thought even come into my head. Nor would the thought even have come to your mind, I suspect, except for the words that some here are trying to put in my mouth. But were never there to begin with.

Peace,

tammy

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

Tec, another point to made was about mr washer and him being a southern Baptist, time and time he points out that the denomination has failed at times when ppl say the sonnets prayer etc. He holds christ as supreme not his denomi nation

• tec
    tec

If I am remembering correctly from the video, he also said that he wishes the southern baptist church would get back to what it/they were preaching 50 or so years ago.

I am sure that he believes he is holding Christ supreme. I have no reason to doubt that he is honest and sincere and truly believes all that he is saying and teaching. But when testing what he is saying and teaching, is it true that he holds Christ as supreme... or what other men have taught? If Christ... would he not DO what CHrist said to do? Regarding the public prayer, since that is what he did, then proceeded to tell all those youths that he fears they will be in hell in a hundred years for saying 'lord, lord' but not DOING as Christ said to do.?

I mean, he focuses on how those kids dress and such, and what shows they might be watching... Christ never spoke about those things. But Christ did specifically state how we are to pray... yet he did the very opposite... perhaps dismissing his instructions as others are, as meaning something else?

Why?

Did he have to pray in front of those people? Was it necessary? Could he not have taught or spoken instead? Then prayed in private... where there could be no mistaking his motives?

You realize that his prayer did elevate himself... just in the nature of their weaknesses and unopened hearts that he prayed over... over those in the audience listening?

Peace,

tammy

• jgnat
    jgnat

I found the post yesterday, tec, but it is at another desk.

Though you refuse to admit it, testing everything against your inner messenger with no boundaries over what is excluded and what is not puts you at odds with all other believers. You may disagree in form on some subjects but judge it not so serious as to declare it false or anti-Christ. But other subjects would. Since your inner guide can only be heard by others "with ears to hear" AND IT MUST AGREE with yours, what do you do with those that don't?

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

Laika - Does this mean you think I'm a false Christian? :(

Let me ask you this and I hope you answer truthfully...

Why would it make you sad (as indicated bny your frown face at the end of the sentence) if tec or anyone else felt you were a false christian??? Even if she doesn't it.

Are you looking for others acceptance? Why would you care what others think of your beliefs?

I am just asking

• jgnat
    jgnat

Confusedandalone, I am insulted when an evangelical first tries to discern my spiritual status when we first meet. Why does it matter what they think of me? Because their stupidity cuts off any chance of dialogue.

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

" Because their stupidity cuts off any chance of dialogue."

As soon as the stupidity is evident, I would just leave altogether...

• tec
    tec

I found the post yesterday, tec, but it is at another desk.

Okay. If you can link it, I would love to see it. I am curious myself to see what I might have been talking about.

Though you refuse to admit it, testing everything against your inner messenger with no boundaries over what is excluded and what is not puts you at odds with all other believers.

First...there are boundaries of course. Nothing is going to be against Him (including in what He is written to have said) or against love. I very often refer to something (s) that are written that back anything that He has shared in spirit; I sometimes need to see those things myself.

So... that in mind... yes, my faith puts me at odds with some believers... but because they have chosen to be at odds with me and my faith. I have been told that I am not a real christian; I have been told that I listen to a demon; I have been called a witch and a spirit-medium, and I am fairly certain that unless i was silent a thousand years ago, I'd have been burned at the stake or some such thing for being one of those things, or a heretic. (if I had been able and willing to hear my Lord, over the ruling clergy at that time, that is)

But so what?

I am not at odds with all other believers. "He who is not against you is for you." Some other believers, however, are quite against me and my faith. Including you for the last while. Does that mean you are saying that I am a false christian?

Is there any particular reason that big deal on this thread is fighting my faith and what my faith states... rather than fighting against the doctrine of hell, and all those youth being told that most of them are going to be in hell in a hundred years if they don't start doing what Christ says to do?

You may disagree in form on some subjects but judge it not so serious as to declare it false or anti-Christ. But other subjects would. Since your inner guide can only be heard by others "with ears to hear" AND IT MUST AGREE with yours, what do you do with those that don't?

Anything that is not true - such as this burning hell - I have no problem stating that teaching as false. Same as you seem to be doing here yourself. That does not mean I am calling someONE a false Christian or an anti-christ. I don't even know why this is being discussed.

Christ, the Spirit, can be heard by anyone ... and if one does not hear Him, then one may ask for ears TO hear. This is what I did. Although my expectations were originally that I would hear Him the same way one hears a person standing next to them speaking in their physical and literal ear. But that is not how I hear Him. That false expectation probably impeded me from RECOGNIZING that He already WAS speaking. As I think to be true of many others, who ask but think that they do not hear.

As regard to what I do with those who hear something that contradicts something my Lord has told me**... Jgnat, I don't do anything with them. I listen to my Lord and I will share what He has said, including where it is written and backed by scripture... and then another can accept or not. I will hold their claims up to Christ if they are making claims, including against what is written, since that is often where they say their claims are from... and if it does not hold up, I will not accept it. What another person does is up to them. I am not even remotely interested in being the judge of someone else's 'spiritual status'. I am to keep an eye on myself, to share as I am given, to listen to Christ.

You keep wanting me to do or say something more than that. But that is not what i am doing, nor even what I want TO do.

*(this has almost never happened... I am trying to even think of an occasion where this has happened, and none are coming to mind; as very few people who disagree do so because they heard something from the Spirit causing them to disagre. It is more often... I disagree because this is what I think the apostles taught, or this is what my religious leaders teach, or my church teaches, or doctrines state, or this is what the bible says, or this is what the holy spirit says to me THROUGH some other medium, such as the bible. Not because they have heard or learned something from Christ)

Peace,

tammy

• Laika
    Laika

Confused,

Fair point, I don't really know, didn't put that much thought into the post to be honest.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit