i wish more churches would preach truth like this

by unstopableravens 258 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jgnat
    jgnat

So what precepts are essential to your faith ravens? What disagreement is so drastic you cannot in good conscience fellowship with the person as a fellow believer? If you have not thought this through, you will have to interview every person you meet to see if they are acceptable or not.

tec, the flaw in your argument is the same one the Witnesses apply to the Bereans. Witnesses assume they have the truth so they are sure the Bereans would study them out to find them to be so. The thought that they might not...never crosses their mind.

By the way, who is a First Nations person and who is not gets more complicated. There's been plenty of cross-pollination way, way back. The US tends to declare a person a Native American based on percentage of "blood". Canadians do not, that being a little too close to the old question, "who is black". A Federal Court Judge here in Canada has concluded that anyone who considers himself or identifies herself as First Nations, is.

http://www.ipolitics.ca/2013/01/08/metis-and-non-status-indians-are-indians-under-constitution-act-court/

• jgnat
    jgnat

"If anyone has an ear, let him hear". Don't you say that, tec? What is the spiritual status of those who do not hear what you do?

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

Jgnat, faith alone for salvation, bodily resurrection. Jesus is lord. New birth. Those are essentails non essentail would be like pre or post trib. Calvin or arminean. Etc..

• jgnat
    jgnat

How about trinity/non-trinity? Hell?

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

Hell no, maybe I should rephrase that lol, no I don't think hell is. As far as the trinity. The bible says if you believe jesus is lord which I thi nk means god there. However I ddon't think understanding the trinty is salvic, but I don't really see how yoy csn believe jesus Is god and deny thr trinity. I do believe modslism is hertic teaching

• tec
    tec

tec, the flaw in your argument is the same one the Witnesses apply to the Bereans. Witnesses assume they have the truth so they are sure the Bereans would study them out to find them to be so. The thought that they might not...never crosses their mind.

Jgnat have you ever pointed out the flaw in something that i have shared... or shown how something that I have shared is against Christ?

Of course I can be wrong. Hence... test what I share. Don't follow Tec. Don't listen to Tec. Listen to and follow Christ. IF tec shares something from him that is against what he taught... by all means, point it out.

"If anyone has an ear, let him hear". Don't you say that, tec?

I believe I say a variation... 'may you be given ears to hear if you wish them'... but Christ and others who follow Him said as you have quoted.

Because it makes no more difference what I say verses what Unstop says verses what Michelle says verses what you say. What matters is what Christ says and what Christ teaches. At least it should to a Christian, right?

What is the spiritual status of those who do not hear what you do?

Spiritual status is not my call to make.

I would not say anything more about someone who has not heard what I have heard... other than that someone simply has not heard what I have heard.

If they have heard something that is against/in conflict what I have heard... well, we can examine it. See if it holds up to the Truth, who is Christ. Might not even be in conflict. Might just be a misunderstanding or a bit lacking of information... on behalf of one or the other of us.

Peace,

tammy (off to work now)

• jgnat
    jgnat

In the past, tec, you've said that all who belong to Christ are in perfect harmony, as it should be. How do you reconcile that not all professed Christians are in perfect harmony? Are two of the three deceived?

• tec
    tec

In the past, tec, you've said that all who belong to Christ are in perfect harmony, as it should be.

I don't think I ever would have said that.

I think the examples that we have even from the bible would show this not to be true.

I have said that Christ would not tell people conflicting things. So if people are believing or stating conflicting things... then one (or both) did not hear from him; and/or one (or both) did not understand what they heard... perhaps because others' voices (that of men and religious leaders) are louder for them and such voices interfere with listening to CHRIST. Interfering also by making one biased. Same as how the people in the wts cannot hear Him as long as they are looking/listening with the ears/eyes that the wts has given them.

How do you reconcile that not all professed Christians are in perfect harmony?

Well, first... not all professed Christians ARE christians.

Second... not all Christians are in the same place in their 'maturity', I guess would be the word.

Paul made some mistakes in learning from Christ... before coming to have a more accurate understanding. Before shedding the baggage that he carried as a former pharisee (one who adhered to the law and so was very law-focused, until He learned the truth from Christ)

Third... I don't really think about it. I just do as I am supposed to do, as I am given to do. If another states that something is from Christ... then I will test that something against Christ.

Are two of the three deceived?

Are you talking about me, unstop and michelle? (and what about you?)

If hell is not true... then two of the three (or one of the three if hell were true) are deceived in this, yes.

That seems like it is pointing out the obvious though.

Peace,

tammy

• jgnat
    jgnat

You have said perfect harmony, tec. If you are distinguishing between professed and "true" Christians there must be some kind of test. Yours happens to be the fully trusted inner voice of Christ. Highly personal. If another makes the same claim but disagrees with you, then one of the pair is deceived and is not really hearing from Christ.

• tec
    tec

I don't say phrases like that, jgnat. I even did a search... in case I am mistaken. Your post showed up here in the ten pages that came up in the search engine for the phrase 'perfect harmony'... but nothing was from me.

In any case, I have clarified now, if ever I did somewhere and have completely forgotten and/or simply cannot find it.

If you are distinguishing between professed and "true" Christians there must be some kind of test.

Well, if someone speaks things that are AGAINST Christ... then what they are speaking is not truth and they did not hear it from the Truth. If someone is doing things that are against Him... and claiming that this is what He teaches and tells people to do... then how can it be true that they know Him and that they are TRUE christians?

If there is a Christ... there are Christians.

If there are false Christs... then what would people be who follow a false christ?

But again, for the most part... I simply deal with/test what is being claimed as being true and from Christ.

Yours happens to be the fully trusted inner voice of Christ. Highly personal. If another makes the same claim but disagrees with you, then one of the pair is deceived and is not really hearing from Christ.

Has nothing to do with disagreeing with me. But rather with Christ.

Someone might not be able to receive something from me... perhaps I shared or explained something bad even.

Hence... test the inspired expressions, to see what manner of spirit (if any) that they come from.

That is all I have done with mr washer and his teachings.

Peace,

tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit