i wish more churches would preach truth like this

by unstopableravens 258 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• tec
    tec

Well, there you go. You know that the things the wts teach are false, and you can see where they do not listen to Christ. So how can they know Him?

How is that different from anything I said about mr washer?

Peace,

tammy

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

Well from my belief mr teaches truth. You tec also deny that jesus as the word always existed. Correct me if I'm wrong about your stance.

• jgnat
    jgnat

It reminds me of a pair of Native Americans who visited a German club dedicated to preserving the native american traditions and crafts. It was a surreal experience for the Native Americans, watching peach-white Europeans parade around in native garb. One club member took the Native American fellow aside and explained how the beading on his rawhide jacket was not "authentic". It was corrupted with modern design elements.

Who was the authentic Native American?

• confusedandalone
  • tec
    tec

Well from my belief mr teaches truth.

Yes, of course. I understand this.

Same as from the beliefs and pov of the jws, the GB/wts teaches truth.

But this is why we are discussing, right? To see if a certain teaching holds as true when tested against Christ, against what is written, against love... so that we can know if it came from God, or not.

You tec also deny that jesus as the word always existed. Correct me if I'm wrong about your stance.

I suppose the answer might depend upon when time began... and what you mean by 'always' existed.

Because Christ is a begotten son; and a firstborn.

So what do you mean by 'always'?

Peace,

tammy

• tec
    tec

As per the pics that show that they are throwing poo at one another... I don't think there has been a single insult exchanged between Unstop and myself... just disagreement and discussion.

Just sayin'

I'm not sure what point you are trying to make, Jgnat. How would you answer your own question?

Peace,

tammy

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

Tec, I believe that the wordexisted along side the father.from eternity past. Any way I think the bible is clear about hell, like I said before judas is to recieve a worse punshiment than non existance.the pharasee will get worse than sodom. Shows not only. Punishment but differing degrees as well.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

Tec side note I enjoy debating without insults or name calling. Thanks heritc lol

• tec
    tec

I don't think you've looked at the dilemmas that this hell belief present.

But to each his own. Perhaps later, especially if you start to have doubts of your own about it, you may remember some of these things that we discussed, and turn still to Christ.

So... do you want to move on to another point from the OP and my comments on mr washer and his sermon? (though discussing it from my end will have to wait until tomorrow, as I am going to be getting ready for work momentarily)

Peace,

tammy

• jgnat
    jgnat

Well, tec, we have three professed Christians, only one who confidently knows she is orthodox, who have three versions of Christ and the universe that surrounds him. All three proclaim truth. Who is authentic, and who is imitating?

In my example, the live Native American in inauthentic dress is the authentic Native American. First Nations peoples are not museum peices; they are a living, breathing people who continue to adapt to their environment.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit