i wish more churches would preach truth like this

by unstopableravens 258 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• tec
    tec

My position... is that it does not include a description of hell. Without the doctrine of hell that the religion of christianity has imposed... we would not even think that it DOES include a description of hell.

But more of a separation... from God and from the water of life. From life. (Hence he begs for a drop of water. I mean, no drop of water is going to make a burning man feel even remotely better. But a drop of the water of life, as Christ so often spoke OF, that Christ Himself DISPENSES... that is all one needs to have life)

Unfortunately the rich man is dead... it is too late for him to change anything that he did in his life, or to NOW listen to the ones who were sent to him. That is the point. He cannot change anything that he did after he is dead. Nor can Abraham cross over to him and save him.

Do what you need to do while ALIVE... because once you are dead, what you can do is done.

Peace,

tammy

• jgnat
    jgnat

Highly individual interpretation to maintain all that love.

Rich Ruler in Ghenna

• jgnat
    jgnat

Strong's definition of basnois (torment).

Strong's Concordance basanos: a touchstone (a dark stone used in testing metals), hence examination by torture, torture

Original Word: βάσανος, ου, ἡ Part of Speech: Noun, Feminine Transliteration: basanos Phonetic Spelling: (bas'-an-os) Short Definition: torture, torment Definition: torture, torment, examination by torture.

HELPS Word-studies

Cognate: 931 básanos – originally, a black, silicon-based stone used as "a touchstone" to test the purity of precious metals (like silver and gold). See 928 (basanízō).

[In the papyri, basanos also means, "touchstone," "test" (so P Oxy I. 58.25, ad 288).

931 (basanois) was "originally (from oriental origin) a touchstone; a 'Lydian stone' used for testing gold because pure gold rubbed on it left a peculiar mark. Then it was used for examination by torture. Sickness was often regarded as 'torture' " (WP, 1, 37).]

Lydian stone

• tec
    tec

Yes, make note of its original meaning and ponder that. Then ponder also how very far the meaning has come from that... to a place of eternal torment and torture.

Peace,

tammy

• cofty
    cofty

The story was not original to Jesus. He was drawing on an exisiting Jewish myth and using it for his own pupose. I remember reading the original story in Josephus.

The idea of torture is implicit in the story.

• tec
    tec

The original meaning of the word that Jgnat emphasized, Cofty.

Peace,

tammy

• cofty
    cofty

It means torture.

• tec
    tec

Cognate: 931 básanosoriginally, a black, silicon-based stone used as "a touchstone" to test the purity of precious metals (like silver and gold). See 928 (basanízō).

[In the papyri, basanos also means, "touchstone," "test" (so P Oxy I. 58.25, ad 288).

931 (basanois) was "originally (from oriental origin) a touchstone; a 'Lydian stone' used for testing gold because pure gold rubbed on it left a peculiar mark. Then it was used for examination by torture. Sickness was often regarded as 'torture' " (WP, 1, 37).]

Peace,

tammy

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Oh dear, trouble in Camp Jesus....

It is a good job he left a precise written instruction to follow in order to clear things up. In no way is it LESS useful than an IKEA bunk bed manual, to say so would be blasphemous.

Snare x

P.s. Camp Jesus says ......"love thy sailor as thyself"

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Do what you need to do while ALIVE... because once you are dead, what you can do is done. Tammy

Good point.

Loz x

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit