i wish more churches would preach truth like this

by unstopableravens 258 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• tec
    tec

Peace to you Loz!

I must add from above...

My "position" is from what I have learned from my Lord. I did not come to it on my own. I, on my own, had no clue... other than that there was NO hell involved here.

My Lord reminded me of the point as I shared above... and also taught me more about the water of life, re, the drop of water that the rich man is asking FOR. (reminding me also of his - my lords - conversation with the woman at the well)

All credit and glory go to Him, and I should have given to Him to begin with.

Peace and love to you!

Your servant and sister in Christ,

tammy

• cofty
    cofty

My Lord reminded me of the point as I shared above... and also taught me more....

• myelaine
    myelaine

the strong's definition of torture is not removed from what the "meaning" is now.

those in hell will be in torments because they haven't been assessed as pure like those who have been covered by the blood of the Lamb. the assessment/torment isn't going to change. the outcome of the judgement is eternal. Another way that this assessment/judgement is portrayed is by fire. The outcome of that is eternal too.

the method of assessment whether by literal fire or the consuming gaze of the Lord shouldn't really deter someone from contemplating the seriousness of rejecting the salvation that Jesus is extending to each human being. a person will be subject to the pain and anguish resulting from being left behind, that person will also be eternally subjected to the reactions of others to their similar situation...

Tammy is your opposition to the unchangeableness of the torments(no purgatory/purification type possibity) or the fact that the bible teaches that people will be subjected to the consequences of the results of the assessment for ever and ever.(ie: conscience existance apart from God where there is weeping and gnashing of teeth)

love michelle

• jgnat
    jgnat

Josephus was a near-contemporary to Jesus, right, but he was born after? I take it you are assuming that Josephus is retelling an older tale.

The emPHASis on syllABLes in the reaDING of defINitiONS IS A sight to BEhold.

• cofty
    cofty

Yes jgnat Josephus was recounting anolder Jewish myth.

Jesus simply retold the story that his audience were familar with and gave it his own spin.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

Tec sorry I've been off of the website for a few days lot of crazy stuff going on , anyway before I get into officail response about public prayer I want to first understand your position are you saying that nobody should pray at all in front of anybody else including the father with his children a husband with his wife the Elder at church what exactly is your position

• unstopableravens
  • Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

"When you pray, don't be like the hypocrites. They love to stand in the synagogues and on the street corners and pray so people will see them. I tell you the truth, they already have their full reward. 6 When you pray, you should go into your room and close the door and pray to your Father who cannot be seen. Your Father can see what is done in secret, and he will reward you. 7 "And when you pray, don't be like those people who don't know God. They continue saying things that mean nothing, thinking that God will hear them because of their many words. 8 Don't be like them, because your Father knows the things you need before you ask him."

Unstop, the above is the direction Christ gave. He sometimes publicly "gave thanks" but always sought privacy to pray to His father. I'm pretty sure Tammy acknowledges this too.

Loz x

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

did you notice why the Pharisees were praying out in public so that they can be seen they wanted to glory to go to themselves Jesus was not saying that a person should not pray in front of other people you have to look at the context.when you tell them to go and pray and private you know when you're praying in private that you're not doing it to be glorified in front of men the all the glory is going to God however in a church setting you are not going to go and privately pray there's nothing wrong with playing in front of the congregationas long as you're not prying to get glory as the Pharisees were doing

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

But if you notice, he didn't even pray with his disciples, he went off privately to pray. That was the example he set.

Loz x

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit