i wish more churches would preach truth like this

by unstopableravens 258 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jgnat
    jgnat

So this is your criteria, tec:

"Nothing is going to be against Him (including in what He is written to have said) or against love."

And you have concluded that believing in hell is.

I'm not really takng one side or the other on this thread. The reason I asked about who believes what is that there was an early and obvious difference of opinion between believers early on in this thread. I was curious if any commonality could be found. There is an example of a very early attempt at commonality; the Nicene Creed. I found this group could not even agree on that. So fundamental conflict is guaranteed.

It is more clinical interest than anything else that leads me to try and get you to see how a highly personal and idividualized faith like yours cannot be imposed on others. No matter how harmonious it seems to you, it is not.

Since your criteria includes all love, you are left in the position to justify the few hard words that Jesus said, as being loving. Kind of like a parent spanking a child saying, "This is going to hurt me more than it hurts you."

What is your position on the story of Lazarus (the story, not the resurrection) that Jesus told, that includes a description of hell?

• tec
    tec

You seem to be under the impression that i am trying to impose my faith upon others. I give my witness. I answer questions. I sometimes share something give to me. What others do with that... is entirely up to them.

There is nothing that Christ has said that is not from love. Truth is from Love. Might not be pleasant for some to hear, might not be easy for some to hear, might not be what they want to hear... but it is still from love.

peace,

tammy

• jgnat
    jgnat

Here is the post I interpreted as perfect harmony: Post 12026 - As for being similar... yes, those who belong to Christ and those who hear His voice and follow Him will do and say similar things. Because we follow the same Lord and Christ. We learn from Him. He teaches and leads us, and He is not divided. That is simply as it should be. Jehovah's Witnesses give a similar witness. They share their truth and then wash their hands of the consequence. Those who have ears to hear will listen.

• tec
    tec

Thanks for posting that. Could you also post the thread so I might see what i was responding to?

That post i recognize. However, I have not contradicted myself. Similar does not equal perfect harmony.

If I mean perfect harmony... i will say perfect harmony. You won't have to interpret my meaning.

What i said there is no different than what I have said here. Christ is not divided. He does not teach conflicting things. So people who are stating conflicting things and each claiming to have learned from Him... one or both are incorrect. Hence, the call to TEST the inspired expression, and to TEST the claims that others make.

Christ did not teach me that there is no hell... while also teaching mrwasher that there is a hell.

But then... mr washer does not claim to have learned that from Christ. He learned it from specific interpretations of the bible and from the southern baptist church and from tradition. So for me, I don't just accept what is traditional or what is orthodox (I guess that means the same here), or what is accepted and taught or interpreted by men. I test it. Hopefully others do also.

Peace to you,

tammy

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

Tec, mr washer did not lrarn hell from the southrtn baptist, when did hr say that, he learnrd it from the bible

• jgnat
    jgnat

Jesus is not divided.

• cofty
    cofty

Having your own personal Jesus is the ultimate sock-puppet.

• jgnat
  • tec
    tec

I included the bible in what he learned that from.

Or at least... what he and they have interpreted from the bible.

But if he had been born and lived in isolation, and the bible had been correctly translated without the word 'hell' appearing in place of hades or sheol or gehenna... then would he have come to that on his own? Or did the teachings of his and mainstream churches (traditional teachings), and mistranslations in the bible, color his view?

(thanks for posting the link, jgnat)

Peace,

tammy

• jgnat
    jgnat

tec, repeated for emphasis,

What is your position on the story of Lazarus (the story, not the resurrection) that Jesus told, that includes a description of hell?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit