i wish more churches would preach truth like this

by unstopableravens 258 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• designs
    designs

Or so the story goes.

• wallsofjericho
    wallsofjericho

unstoppable: it's been said a million times, just believing something doesn't make it true. You have zero evidence a god exists and tons of evidence he does not.

I will not be so bold as you as to claim "proof" but whatever...

I don't beleive in god. I am not a sinner. I don't need saving any more than you do

• cofty
    cofty

Unstop please explain whats wrong with both the pictures on this thread.

• poppers
    poppers

champ Adam n Eve were not created with original sin they were created perfect they sinned after

They sinned afterward because they were set up to sin, to sin without understanding the consequences. What's the point in being given free will and then being punished for exercizing it and then condemning everyone who comes after them for a sin they weren't responsible for? And then, all those people who never heard of Jesus and how to be "saved" are, nevertheless, also condemned to suffer eternal damnation. "Original sin," does this really sound like it comes from an all loving God or does it sound like an idea that came from the human mind?

• Laika
    Laika

I think the modern evangelical view of the atonement, that of the Father beating up on the son so he can avoid doing it to his believers, is not a particularly central one to the NT, and was pretty alien to the early church for at least the first 1000 years, and still is in the East.

The picture in the NT tends to be (though not exclusively) about sharing alongside Jesus in his suffering so that we can share in his glory, as opposed to avoiding the suffering.

This is a good thread on the subject:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/bible/175312/1/Redemption-Reductions

• Laika
    Laika

To give unstoppable a helping hand as well, he's a Calvinist so the idea of Jesus 'knocking on the door of your heart' is, I suspect, what he takes issue with. (in Calvinist theology Jesus doesn't ask, he just breaks down the door)

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

Cofty, pic one not everyone is drawn, john six, forty four. Pick two,ppl were not created sinners adam was perfect. Jesus did not send himself his father yhwh did. Ish 50-53 the father crushed the son.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

Lakia, hi.lol kicks down the door, your funny, I just believe 2 thes 2:13

• Viviane
    Viviane

I watched part of it and all I can is ... wow. I felt like I was at an assembly again, accusing others of not being true christians, talking about knocking on doors, the need to be saved because we are all essentially dead sinners.

No thanks!

• LucidChimp
    LucidChimp

Meh - I just copy pasted the picture from google... If you take issue with the first line, how about this = I created man and woman with inbuilt natural inclinations I would later call sin.

*edited [didn't see new posts]

Also - what poppers said - "They sinned afterward because they were set up to sin, to sin without understanding the consequences. What's the point in being given free will and then being punished for exercizing it and then condemning everyone who comes after them for a sin they weren't responsible for?"

Preach poppers... TESTIFY!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit