Did you ever have a supernatural experience?

by XPeterX 72 Replies latest jw friends

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

There was a period of time when I was young when we had ghosts in the house. Noises, doors opened and closed, ghosts were seen.

One evening when my parents were alone in the house they heard a commotion in the upstairs bathroom my mother and father looked at each other puzzled as to how someone had gotten into the house, they then heard someone come out the bathroom and coming down the stairs my father grabbed the kitchen stool he was sitting on and went out to confront the intruder but nobody was there.

For some reason there seemed to be a connection with the hallway and stairs as several things occurred there but not all.

• XPeterX
    XPeterX

Hey Ucantnome how did this happen?Maybe someone from your family was into magic and stuff?

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

...and you'd better get dafaq outta this thread if you don't beleive in this stuff.

So you just want confirmation bias entries?

Anyway, "used to believe" will have to count.

God (or one of His angels) intervened when I cocked the hammer of a hair-trigger revolver and pulled that trigger while the barrel was in my mouth. (NO- REALLY) He first made sure that my perfectly functional gun would not release the hammer, then He took direct control over my life and made all my decisions for me. (NO- REALLY) Later, when I was in a mental ward at the hospital, he released control and gave it back to me, but not before sending His minions from the Jehovah's Witnesses to show me why He saved me and what work He had for me to do.

So I am sorry if I can now find logical alternative explanations for these stories that often involve the brain and psychology. Of course what happened to me was not God intervening, but 12 or 13 years later, I would have still defended and swore by my story.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I woke and was pinned to the bed one morning, face down on the bed. I tried to call out Jehovah, but since I was frozen realised I was unable to utter his name, and hence powerless against the demon that had me under his control. Shortly later I was able to move again. I woke in quite a state of panic. It was not till several years later that I learned that it was sleep paralysis. Sleep paralysis, epilepsy and schizophrenia all were once feared as demon possession, and I am grateful that science is slowly ridding us of these superstitions.

• cantleave
    cantleave

you'd better get dafaq outta this thread if you don't beleive in this stuff.

This "stuff" is total bollocks. The supernatural / paranormal is always an abberation of the mind.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

my great uncle, i understand, contacted the dead. we recieved some things into the house from him and one of the people in the house was visiting him regularly.

• rmt1
    rmt1

I had sleep paralysis once for what seemed like five minutes. Trapped in your own body, can't say anything, but you can look around. Pretty neat - once.

• Decided
    Decided

My brother has parkinsons disease. he sees things like cats on the floor and other things that arn,t real. He realizes that it is his brain problem and just ignores them. His mind still works better than mine when it comes to remembering things when we were young. I've never seen any unreal things.

My wife has seen strange things happen, like doors opening and closing. A woman who was renting a house moved out because the furnature would move each night in the living room and she would have to move it back in the morning.

My friend who lived next door had a death expierence when being operated on. They revived him and he had seen things in the operating room that the doctor couldn't understand how he did. He also said he went somewhere and talked to people who told him religion was the worst thing humans had invented. He tried to stay there but they sent him back. He never understood how it could have been so real.

Ken P.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

we were sitting in the living room the other night and i asked my wife how she would feel if she heard a lot of noises coming from the back bedroom and then the door of the bedroom open and close and somebody coming down the stairs. she said 'don't' when you know nobody is home but us.

• Django_Unchained
    Django_Unchained

i had a creature under my bed for years.

then the carpet in my room would randomly turn into lava and i'd have to hop from couch to couch or bed to whatever to get out. scary stuff

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit