Did you ever have a supernatural experience?

by XPeterX 72 Replies latest jw friends

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

rip van winkle I've had some natural experiences that were super...

I was just going to post the same comment, then I saw that you had read my mind.

Wow! That's spookey.

• KateWild
    KateWild

I was on my way to the ministry, and it was cold and rainy. I prayed for the bus to come on time. It did, I was so grateful Jehooober answered my prayer, that I stayed out longer knocking on the doors of empty houses.

Seriously peter, I don't believe any of it. Sorry. Kate xx

• GromitSK
    GromitSK

He's not really asking whether people believe In it, he's asking for their experiences. Sheesh.

• Patrick45
    Patrick45

This list will likely get longer. I myself had one supernatural experience too. At least one very clear one. This proves for those who experience it, that there is a world beyond our world and this opens the door wide open to the thought of an omnipotend God and many so called gods....

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

This proves for those who experience it, that there is a world beyond our world and this opens the door wide open to the thought of an omnipotend God and many so called gods....

Patrick45 - That is an overly broad statement. These experiences do not "prove" anything, even to many that experience them. It could be considered an indication, not a proof, of a world beyond, but it could equally be caused by drugs or mental disorders. Further, while such an experience could be caused by another dimension, or a spirit world, or a god, it is not proof that God is omnipotent.

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

I was looking up in the sky when I saw a huge bird. It was much bigger than any thing I have ever seen in a garden or even in wild places. It was silver and roared as it went overhead.

Funny, it had strange letters on its side R Y A N A I R.

• Seraphim23
    Seraphim23

Some experiences that come under the words supernatural or paranormal tend to discount drug inducement or mental disorders when such tally with real world events. For instance, when someone gets a `message` in a non-sensory way that a relative has died at the exact time it happened, even though they had no idea the person was even sick. The reverse of this also happens, in that sometimes the death of someone close can have real world physical effects, such as all the clocks in the house stopping and so on, even though not all the clocks had the same power source or mechanism. Such can be as good as proof for the person who experiences such a thing, although when related to others it would only be anecdotal evidence and second hand.

• cofty
    cofty

People have dreams and anxious moments about loved ones all the time. 99% of the time there is no cause for worry. Occasionally by pure coincidence the granny you have fretted about many times does die around the same time you thought about them. In retrospect your passing thought or anxious dream becomes a vivid premonition.

all the clocks in the house stopping and so on

Utter nonsense.

• MMXIV
    MMXIV

sleep paralysis - now that brings back some deep dark memories. JWN reaches parts that other websites can't. Not sure I want to revist that but at least it explains some vivid scary moments in earlier life.

I don't want to belittle others experiences as I'm still learning all the time. I feel one can read a lot more into situations than is the case and one's imagination is just that - imaginative.

I do believe EMF contributes to supernatural experiences in recent years.

mmxiv

• Seraphim23
    Seraphim23

As I say cofty, it won’t convince you because you haven’t experienced it but it’s not nonsense.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit