My JC meeting. Did they RI me?

by KateWild 144 Replies latest members private

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I think you are right Laika, we are far from indifferent, or completely free of the WT, if we post here.

For myself, I post here in the hope that some of what I say may help someone get free, or better still, prevent someone from falling in to the clutches of the WT. I am sure that is Adams motive too.

But, I am in control of, and take responsibility for my own life, and Sam will do the same, already is, the WT has no influence on her life choices from now on.

• KateWild
    KateWild

Sam will do the same, already is, the WT has no influence on her life choices from now on.-phizzy

• adamah
    adamah

Laika said-

I wasn't attacking you Adam and I'm sorry that it came across that way. Just interested in your opinion. If Kate's 'going out with a bang' means she's letting the Society control her still, are we doing the same by participating on this board?

Thanks for clarifying.

Yes, that's a false equivalency, since you're assuming that all those challenging the WT beliefs in a factual, evidence-based manner are equivalent to those who 'play games' driven by a reactive and emotional response. That's a point that's been discussed repeatedly in recent threads, eg Simon's recent survey on methods used by apostates.

Now, why would someone be prone to think as you do (i.e. seemingly forgetting all about the value of facts and evidence to reach conclusion) UNLESS they ALSO were driven by emotions? Here's a hypothesis: it has something to do with choosing to lead an evidence-free life, based only on concepts like faith. Can you see that, just maybe?

I won't assume to speak as to why anyone else posts here, so can only speak for myself; however, I'm not acting out against JW rules in a contrarian manner (as if a rebellious teen), since I don't even bother to ask myself what their rules might be (I left the JWs as an unbaptized teen, and lived my life), eg I don't smoke, just to show them they can't control me (that would be reactive, a response); rather, I don't smoke, simply because I care about the HEALTH of MY lungs! My actions have NOTHING to do with JW policies.

See the difference?

But for someone like you, your participation here may very well be based on emotions, alone, and not reasoning, i.e. your participation may boil down to fighting emotion-driven actions with emotional reactions (and living up to the GB's expectations, as a result).

Point being, the answer to your question varies, and that answer is up to each individual to decide (and I'm just adding food for thought).

Laika said-

I can hardly claim to be indifferent as long as I post here imo. What do you think?

I oppose slavery (i.e. the ownership of other humans), too, since I'm not indifferent about injustice in all forms (and hopefully never will be), since you'd have to be emotionally dead and empathetically-challenged.

So in that regard, I see your point, but if we allow a sense of countering injustice to become driven by emotion more than reason, you lose your ability to think straight (and that's exactly WHY cults like JWs 'love bomb', to cloud the recruits rationality).

So yes, perhaps the statement about 'the opposite of love is not hatred, but indifference' is hyperbolic, but hence it's actually (yet) another demonstration of the problem of using analogies to convey a point, since over-extending them well-beyond their breaking point often results.

Adam

• KateWild
    KateWild

The recording of my JC meeting is here. Just in case anyone is confused what the OP is.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/uw1jyod17maz7m2/20131120_205629%5B1%5D.wav

Kate xx

• valkyrie
    valkyrie

Back on track, he-he!

• Etude
    Etude

KateWild

OK. I just heard the recording. THOSE SON'S OF BITCHES! I'm so angry. It brings back so much of the self-righteous piety I was exposed to. Kate, you handled yourself extremely well. I'm not sure I would have kept my composure. That's why I would never again be caught in a JC. Somebody would leave with a fat lip and a black eye and it won't be me. The bastards control everything. I would never have it on their terms. You're brave for putting up with it. Shit, my blood pressure is up. The only thing I can tell you is that it is possible someone understood the difficulty of your situation as you presented it. That happened to me, even though they went ahead and DFed me. After a while, I'm hopeful that such occurrences will chip away at somebody and make them realize what kind of system they're running. The examples you gave from the bible contrasting their re-instatement process were an excellent start.

I know that you're still a religious adherent, even if you move away from the JWs. But for me, the issue is one of control and manipulation and lies that the setup involves. That's what makes me angry. At this point I don't give a rat's ass about the JWs because I know how to show the bulk of their tenets and beliefs are hypocritical. But, it's a bit more complicated than that. I still have family members that don't speak to me and have alienated themselves for those beliefs. That still hurts.

• KateWild
    KateWild

That still hurts.-Etude

That's so sad. My heart goes out to you. Thanks for listening. Love Kate xx

Valkyrie LOL! Kate xx

• cognac
    cognac

Wow, just listened to it. No prayer, no scriptures used, nothing. I didn't hear how they responded when you used the examples of Manasseh, prodical son, etc. What was their reason for going against the bible?

I would love to see the looks on these judgemental b*stards if they ever found out this was on the internet. You gonna tell them you posted it?

They couldn't be more unloving if they tried... I would love to write to them and give them a piece of my mind. You should post their emails, lol.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

1) You are awesome and brave.

2) They are small-minded corporate cowards.

They gave you council for not keeping up the good work based on rumors?!?!? They totally ignored you and refused to tell you who made accusations against you. Basically they are trying to break you. They want you to shut-up and be orderly. They are deluded and believe that they are "Stars" from the book of Revelation! Just think about that!!! They are insane. " We are not going to continue this for much longer...", says Eldumb #1. They are just planning on continuing the treatment until you break and crumble at their feet. NEVER meet with them again unless they:

1) Agree to tell you all charges and concerns before hand, and WHO made the accusations.

2) You can have a family member or lawyer present.

You do not need them. You are too good and too smart to be there. JEHOVAH (tm) has NOTHING to do with their decisions. You are extremely brave and I applaud your efforts. As far as understanding their perspective, don't bother. They are so far off course that it's ridiculous. You are awesome, they are not. Again, YOU are AWESOME and BRAVE, they are corporate " Yes-men " with no back-bones. They worship the Organization and the GB. You are nothing to them and your children's welfare is nothing to them, despite what they may claim. Their actions will prove otherwise time and time again.

They suck, YOU are AWESOME.

DD

• cognac
    cognac

Oh, and I still don't get why you were dff'd to begin with. What does it mean to get dff'd for reviling someone???

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit