My JC meeting. Did they RI me?

by KateWild 144 Replies latest members private

• Antioch
    Antioch

Interesting recording. I'm amazed at the JW skill of framing scenarios and compartmentalizing knowledge in ways that hold up power relationships and the discrete direction they want to take things.. I know that sounded like gobbly-gook.

But what I mean is, the frame of that conversation was "helping Sam get sorted out." The onus is on her. She is the problem child. She is the one under inspection. She is the one being inquisitioned, sifted, judged, evaluated, etc. She is the mouse in the room, they are the cats.

Secondly, the knowledge of the whole situation, and her opinion or right to have a say is the smallest of voices. The judged has no rights. Only the demand to be disrobed in a "if you have nothing to hide, why can't we ask the most intimate and offensive of things?" manner. They are the prosecution, judge, and jury AND they often have complicating relationships with the people involved.

Jehovah's Witnesses are the best argument for the suggestion that religions may offer some good, but through the ages they have mostly been about control. JWs take the Bible to it's natural conclusion and THIS is what we end up with. That alone shows it was the wrong direction from the start.

• Antioch
    Antioch

On a personal note, you make humanity proud with your critical, strong and crafty way of dealing with the situation. Good job. Be free!

Now comes the hard part. Living a free life.

• KateWild
    KateWild

Antioch, thanks for listening and your comments. I am surprised this thread is so long. Thanks love Kate xx

• KariOtt
    KariOtt

Marking. I can't download this from my tablet. When I get my laptop back out I'll try to download it then.

• Violia
    Violia

Kate,

I listened to most of the tape and wow are they condescending and nit picky. Your examples of people in the Bible who were forgiven without having to jump through hoops is excellent. It sounds clear to me they are looking for anything they can to refuse reinstatement. What a nasty pieces of work they are! Hope the family situation gets sorted out.

Love you accent.

• KateWild
    KateWild

Wow, more support! Thank you Kari and Viola for your interest.

It sounds clear to me they are looking for anything they can to refuse reinstatement

I am happy this sounds clear to you, I recroded it also for my loved ones, hopefully as they listen it will raise doubts with them and realise I will never get RI'd. They will see exactly why I have stopped going.

Thanks for all this support

Kate xx

• Blackbird Fly
    Blackbird Fly

I cant get it to play either- but it sounds like from the comments you were awesome. Wish I could hear it...

• cha ching
    cha ching

Sorry for your mess of a life, Kate! my hugs to you!

Enduring an idiotic elder's meeting is one of the "burns" in my soul... nightmares at 2 a.m. each morning, waking up w/a sweat and a heartbeat that couldn't be traced! Had to go to the Dr. for sleeping pills to make it thru a year of that! It is very hard to deal with stupidity and arrogance... It's frustrating that the real important things (like the safety of children) is less important than "how you treat the "glorious ones!"

They'll 'diss' you in a crack of a whip for making them look bad....

Good for you for surviving!

Glad u had the fortitude to tape them.... Can't understand it tho... I even downloaded "Media Fire", but the sounds are garbled & mixed together... I have "Chrome" and "Internet Explorer" for browsers...

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

Methinks these elders should be arrested for emotional abuse.

Kate, you are an inspiration. Lots and lots of hugs for your courage, your strength, your wisdom and your love for your family. It is a delight to be allowed your association here.

• KateWild
    KateWild

Kate, you are an inspiration- cultBgone

Thanks for saying that, I would love to help anyone get through a JC if I can, but also help many realise that elders play by their own rules and in many cases it's just not worth going through with it. Kate xx

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit