My JC meeting. Did they RI me?

by KateWild 144 Replies latest members private

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Nice job. What a flippin' cult.

Love how you brought out the "Pay Attention to the Flock" book and drew a contrast between that and the bible.

• Captain Blithering
    Captain Blithering

Just listened again , I've got it on my phone now, your calm measured responses and questions are something I can only hope to emulate if and when it comes to that... Good work sister!

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

Great job! I guess I shouldn't be surprised they told you the bible wasn't needed instead they wanted to throw gossip at you...sick, sick people!

• losingit
    losingit

Thank you for posting this. In many ways ut reminded me of my own JC. i had not yet learned TTATT. I repeatedly told them that I loved Jehovah very much and that I accepted the discipline, meanwhile tears rolling. I was in shock. I offered no real defense. I explained my situation (also dv) but I still sinned. The fact that i was heartbroken, distraught, and repentant asking for help to stay on the narrow path did not matter.

Even before I learned TTATT I reasoned with the Scriptures about the prodigal son and Peter. on my own, bit by bit, the blinders were coming down. It took a little 7-yr-old prick of a little kid to snub his nose at me at the KH when he saw me that. made me google 'disfellowshipped and lonely.' The rest is. history.

Im happy that you sharef your story on thisboard. Im happy that you recorded d

• losingit
    losingit

Im happy you recorded your JC. It was not Christian in any form. The injustice is on display for all to hear. Im happy you shared this with your family and that you will leave that wicked organization with your loved ones still speaking to you.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Thank you for posting that recording. How shocking that they totally dismiss the domestic violence and are only interested in whether of not it was you that went to the police.

• Etude
    Etude

KateWild

I guess the most salient thing is that they are so willing to listen to gossip and accept it. It's like they don't even question the source of the reports about you. It's almost a given in such circumstances. They rather believe the gossipers instead of the accused.

• KateWild
    KateWild

How shocking that they totally dismiss the domestic violence and are only interested in whether of not it was you that went to the police.-jwfacts

Paul, I am pleasantly surprised you found it shocking. The mishandling of DV in the WTBTS is a widespread problem. I understand this and have become somewhat desencitised. That's how I kept my calm, but really I need to remain shocked to help others.

Paul, jwfacts was instrumental in me making this decision and helping me teach my kids TTATT. My son read your story. Thank you for jwfacts.

Kate xx

• KateWild
    KateWild

Thanks for all the PMs guys, I really appreciate them. I will reply to you all later. Love Kate xx

• tornapart
    tornapart

I'm not surprised that you are fed up with this whole circus. They should never have Df'ed you in the first place. What you should have had is support and understanding. Instead they've thrown you out, expect you to go it totally alone and watch your son be abused by his father and be chastised for wanting something to be done about it. It's disgusting. All I can say is that one day, they will be held accountable.

Didn't Jesus say, if they stumbled one of his little sheep, that they might as well have a millstone hung round their neck and pitched into the sea.

They would rather follow the dictates of Pharisaical rulebook than follow the dictates of Jesus, mercy, love and forgiveness.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit