I like you more if you are literratte

by usualusername 97 Replies latest jw friends

• compound complex
    compound complex

In the business of editing the writing of other writers, I recently learned that my own entry "Frank R. Stockton's The Lady, or the Tiger" is correctly written "Frank R. Stockton's Lady, or the Tiger" (alternate rendering: "The Lady, or the Tiger, by Frank R. Stockton").

The article the is deleted from the title if said title is preceded by the author's name (in the possessive case).

Learn something new every day . . .

CC

• jgnat
    jgnat

BOTR, I am sure Newfie could classify as its own patois. Canadians split their alliegance to American and British spelling down the middle. Telling, eh?

• mind blown
    mind blown

Yeah, too bad you're such a snob.....I attribute my poor grammar and spelling due to running away from home @ 11years. Had to get away from an abusive/whacked out JW mother. My edumecation? Very limited.

But then again. I guess I'm one too. Ugly and fat people drive me nuts! Oh! And those old pathetic wrinkly ones?! Yikes!!

LOL.....of course I'm being a smart ass.....but not really....but I am....but maybe not.....get my drift...

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Mind Blown -- I'm devastated!

Short, fat, wrinkly old Hortensia

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Ewer awl sew cilly!!! Whud a bunch of illiteraters!!

• prologos
    prologos

If you worry about spelling, you are not reading THOUGHTS.

small minds mind small matters,-- letters

oubliez les oubliettets. thou.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I agree that if you are using the written word, then spelling is important, to a degree. Maybe not so much here, as we can make allowances for a number of problems that may contribute to getting it "wrong".

I think it is vital to get it right if you are making a pitch for something publically, on say You-tube or somewhere, especially if producing a video hoping to convince active JW's to open their minds to reality.

To write down "Apostacy" for example, is just plain silly in such a context, it is "Apostasy", note the second "s", any JW seeing you get it wrong will say:

"What do these guys know ? they can't even spell !",

you know as well as me that is the way their cult mind dismisses anything that confronts their silly teachings, shoot the messenger.

So, spelling does matter, ......sometimes.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Sorry posted twice.

• cantleave
    cantleave

I can spell, I just can't type.

• mind blown
    mind blown

Hortensia

Glad to know, you knew, I was only making point....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit