I like you more if you are literratte

by usualusername 97 Replies latest jw friends

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

No absolutely not?

But i think spelling and prououncication is not so important...infact i think many posts are extrordinRy and heartfelt, when i meditate on the heart that wrote the post. ..grammer and spelling for me is not IMPORTANT.

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

jgnat...on your reccomendation " writting well" ...its publishing and that is what i escaped from a " publishing company"

Thats why i like my self help and realization stories here, they are without commercial value..despite the spelling...they are on the most part sincere testimonies of life and out of a cult...

• cliff
    cliff

@jgnat

I always read your posts with pleasure: Brief, to the point and thoughtful.

I would not find them thus if bad grammar, punctuation and sloppyness got in the way.

Cliff (UK, BBC listener - but they are losing the battle)

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

Clifff...i also like jgnats posts...

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Jgnat, your posts are very well written, I always enjoy what you have to say.

• Splash
    Splash

"would of"
    "I would of said..."
    "would of"

IT'S "WOULD HAVE" !!!!!

AND YES, THIS ONE DOES DRIVE ME NUTS!!!

Splash (who is normally a very mellow and calm soul)

• jgnat
    jgnat

New H&H, I think it is important to sift what is truly wrong with the WTS, in order not to be duped again. I saw a similar pattern with single parents.

The newly single parent would say, "I hate all men", or, "I'm never getting married again!". That wouldn't last, of course, because that was a declaration born of emotion, and not a lot of thought had gone in to it. That same single parent would bounce right back in to another bad relationship!

Is the danger of the WTS that they are a publishing company? I say no. There are plenty of publishing companies that don't have a volunteer distribution network, control behavior of their members, or punish those that leave. By the way, I find their language to be stuffy and stilted. They don't quote sources. There's a lot of loaded language, like "true Christians" and "evidently". One's words are couched in third-person, as if that adds gravitas.

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

jgnat...but this site contains so many stories...it doesnt need to look outside....and all outside books are " money, pride, ego" ...lets learn from the " bad spellers" the heartfelt stories of the faceless posters who have come and gone...

• Defianttruth
    Defianttruth

A few points..

1. Intelligence comes in different shapes and sizes. I can write the integral and answer it for the velocity required to throw the tablet I'm writing on into a specified orbit. I have to use spell check constantly. Some times, I confuse the spelling of who and how. Just because an individual has trouble spelling, it does not make his or her point invalid. It only means he or she has trouble spelling. It is not a sign of intelligence.

2. As far as the British vs American colour vs color, I think we as a nation have earned the right to spell our words the way we want to. After all, we have individual states with larger land masses, population, and GDP than all of Britian. Btw. The next time,you eat an English muffin remember the wheat in your muffin probably has a little "flavour" of Nebraska in it.

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

and this is an international site...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit