I like you more if you are literratte

by usualusername 97 Replies latest jw friends

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

i hope you joking, because that means you hate me

• jgnat
    jgnat

He would like you more. Me, too. Failure to punctuate can change the meaning.

• stillin
    stillin

Nobody hates YOU, it's just all of the things you DO!

(just kidding) hey, if anybody hates anybody, they hate ME!

but certainly not for missing a silly apostrophe! Or forgetting to capitalize.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

nauseous = noxious = poisonous

The correct word is nauseated - but I think 99.999% of English-speaking people say nauseous when they mean nauseated.

Sort of like saying "momentarily" when they mean "shortly."

OK enough from me -- I once complained about someone's grammar and spelled it grammer. Whooo boy did I hear about that!

BTW, I read the BBC news everyday. It's amazing how many mistakes there are in word usage and grammar. You'd think they would know better!

(If I were a really good writer, I'd quit using those exclamation marks!)

• LisaRose
  • ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

I"ve posted this here before about the spelling and grammar on this board, but the main two that always stand out in my mind since this is a board that deals with religion, is that many folks here cannot spelled baptize, it's usually spelled here baBtize, plus the ever popular masturbation, which is usually spelled here as mastErbation.

• OneDayillBeFree
    OneDayillBeFree

Haha you grammar nazi you!

• jgnat
  • ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Hey Usual - Currently on another thread the word privileges is now being spelled with an "a" and it's not a typo, they think they're correct . . . unreal

• cofty
    cofty

many folks here cannot spelled baptize - ShirleyW

It's not spelled, it's spell, and baptise does not have a "z". That is a bad habit that has become popular in the colonies. "unreal"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit