I like you more if you are literratte

by usualusername 97 Replies latest jw friends

• usualusername
    usualusername

As a daily visitor of this site I am shocked by how judgemental I am.

If someone makes a valid point but does not spell well it colours my judgement.

If someone who is a clown has excellent grammar I give them leeway.

As an aside I am a gramaphobe.

UUN

• jgnat
    jgnat

Well, let's start with the spelling of literate.

As an aside, I'm a fast reader. My mind supplies the pictures for the text so if a phrase is misspelled, it gives me sometimes a grotesque image. My pet peeve is "Tow the line".

Tow Line

Toe the line:

Toe Line

• usualusername
    usualusername

jgnat

You got my joke...

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Well, your thread has peeked my interest!

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

Fo' shizzle

• jgnat
    jgnat

Hortensia! Bad!

Monsieur Pique is much hotter.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

You got my joke!

• Watkins
    Watkins

I give people the benefit of the doubt - some of them are trying to post using their little phone keyboards, and for some English is clearly their second language - gotta give 'em points for trying! OTOH - I'm a bit judgmental of websites that have a lot of grammatical errors - don't they know what "proofread" means?! It looks very unprofessional, careless.

My pet peeves - there/their; then/than; were/where - but I consistently misspell a few words myself and have to go back and correct them. Brains are funny things... so I'm not too hard on others, lol.

Saw a funny t-shirt the other day that you'd like, UUN - "I'm correcting your grammar as you speak." LOL

~W

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Phones are a challenge. I like to keep a dictionary handy for spelling.

DD

• stillin
    stillin

Apostrophes and quotation marks serve a useful propose, too. I used to get nauseous when the Witnesses would skip the apostrophe in "Jehovah's."

Like they miss the point of being God's possession.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit