this site sucks! its just a buncha athiest on soap boxes.

by crossquestions6995 167 Replies latest jw friends

• braincleaned
    braincleaned

8 million strong and in unison serving the true God all the while speaking the pure language. No backbiting, arguing, debating, speculating, criticizing, etc. Nope, just love, and worship done with spirit and truth.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH *CHOKE* HAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good one.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

8 million strong

Atheism is the fastest growing ideology throughout most parts of the world today including North America,

over 3 billion of the population.

The WTS has only cultivated 8 million globally because most educated intelligent people know its a

commercialized fraud.

Obviously Stand for Pure Worship has no knowledge of the the big fight J Rutherford had when he tried to

take over the presidency of the Watchtower Corporation.

More that 20% of the then followers of the WTS. left when that alcoholic lawyer took over.

So 3 billion people strong and in step against 8 million mentally enforced and indoctrinated people by

the ignorance and corruption of the Watchtower House of religious Charlatanism.

Who's really winning ground and the popularity vote ?

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

SFPW- obviously you have not been a JW .....or on this site for very long..

• KateWild
    KateWild

Nope, just love, and worship done with spirit and truth.-SFPW

Which KH do you go to? It's a bit different round here lovey. Take care Kate xx

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

Check out this video to show how the WTBTS keeps its members in line.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLOxgkTnLb0

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

I think bashing is wrong - anyway you cut it. When i left the organization i continued to consider myself a christian, but part of leaving the organization was allowing my beliefs to be driven by facts and logic, in my opinion it's incredibly hard to support the idea of God being real while basing it on facts and logic.

Many of us have been through this. I have not transitioned to being an atheist completely ( i think), mostly because the idea of God existing is appealling to me. We all want to think that there is something other than this, and we all like the idea that even if you have the shittiest life ever, you still might have something wonderful come your way.... But once you let palpable facts and logical evidence lead the way, it's very hard to "keep the dream alive"..

• GromitSK
    GromitSK

I wonder if part of the problem is that we are all at different stages of thinking about our religious or spiritual beliefs. If I have spent ten or twenty years thinking and studying a particular subject, I would expect to be better informed than someone embarking on the same journey. Things that I now take for granted might be beyond another person's 'boggle threshold' at that point. This puts me in a much stronger position in debate and it may also be more difficult for an opponent to rebut my arguments. This doesn't of course mean my arguments are correct.

I suspect some of the discomfort mentioned on this thread comes from this 'inequality of arms' in discussion. The only counter to this is to invest time and personal study on the subject under discussion. Many of the things we consider true based on our own experiences or feelings turn out not to be true for other people or in their own right. This is an opportunity to learn if we are in the right frame of mind.

On the other hand, mocking a person's beliefs or personal experiences can come across as somewhat high-handed and arrogant, and does look like bullying sometimes to me. If we have run out of patience with a particular poster why not simply ignore them? What is this desire to have the last word all the time for some people? There is after all no dishonour in refusing combat with an unworthy or ill-equipped opponent.

it is possible that some posters continue to press a point beyond that which is kind and maybe the motive is education and the elimination of badly thought -through intellectual positions however it doesn't always look like the motive is so pure.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

crossquestions6995 - "Its an arena for jaded athiests to bash anything Christian or God related."

Typical...

... a dozen or so outspoken people (out of hundreds or even thousands) dare to criticize the Bible and/or its Judeo-Christian deity, and the seething masses of hard-core believers have a full-on collective meltdown.

Know what I'm starting to think?

I'm starting to think the reason fundies are so hostile toward atheists is because deep down inside, they're afraid the atheists might be right.

• Frazzled UBM
    Frazzled UBM

SFPW - your timing is fantastic - you know how to just stir the pot perfectly by saying those things (dripoping with irony) guaranteed to elicit an impassioned response from an apostate - just throw in the hook and line and see how many you can catch hey? Too much fun! Nothing wrong with a bunch of atheists arguing doctrine with a bunch of Christians as long as they are not an intolerant self-righteous bunch of atheists. Arguing about the existence of God is not a new thing.

• Simon
    Simon

By being so closed minded and parading ur ignorance about the bibles historical accuracy and the existance of Jesus.

I think the reality is, you're the one with mental blinker on that cannot look objectively at the (lack of) evidence of his existence.

But that's OK, that's called faith. It's what religious people depends on because there is zero evidence for the beliefs.

If you had evidence then you would not need and would not have any faith.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit