this site sucks! its just a buncha athiest on soap boxes.

by crossquestions6995 167 Replies latest jw friends

• friendaroonie
    friendaroonie

All my major problems with jws are actually problems with the bible and any other holy book. So leaving jws and going into some other bible based church would have been a lateral move at best. Now I have abandoned belief for direct experience. I am not an atheist cuz I do believe x exists and x may well be jesus, so I do not reject jesus. Jesus is x and x could be called god on a monday. But the bible is not a good book except as a work of historical ficyion or as an ancient harry potter.

I dont care bout spelling either. Its begging the question.

<<<< Reality is if im wrong then "oh well" and it shouldnt be any skin off your back.>>>>

You certainly are wrong, you're wrong for coming to this forum to insult the beliefs of others while trying to convert others to your limited-minded views.

Stop feeling sorry for us, and start feeling sorry for yourself, for not figuring out the realities of life.

• abbasgreta
    abbasgreta

I said 11 Christians on average are martyred each hour. I did not mention jws who are persecuted for sticking with 8 men's doctrines. How I pity them and may God have mercy on them. I suppose there are many cults and factions who are willing and do martyr themselves for their cause.

I did not say Matt 24, Mark 13 and Luke 21 are "signs" of the last days. The term " last days" was used by Peter at Pentecost as he quoted Joel's prophecy. Looking for the fulfillment of Jesus's words in "overlapping generations" since 1914, as being the"last days" is an erroneous jw teaching. The word I used was "accompanying". The Lord said that those who tried to fix the time of the end of the age (ie His return) by reading prevailing world conditions as a "sign" would exclaim "Now is the Time"! Avoid them." As a jw I used to sing along to a song called exactly that.

I would choose to have been a female disciple of Jesus if I had to pick any time to live. However, now, "for me to live is Christ" as Paul put it. My spirit spends hours in His presence. It is possible for a Christian even "to experience His resurrection" - Paul again. This is an unspeakable possession and treasure that as a jw I could never even have imagined.

Peace

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

To be anti-something, the person has to believe that the something exists. Your insinuations that athiests are anti-god, or dislike god, or think god should be different, are missing a point. Athiests don't want to reinvent gods, or hate gods, they simply think that gods don't exist. I presume you don't believe the Watchtower's Jehovah doesn't exist, along with Allah, Santa, the Tooth Fairy .... same thing. There is nothing there for you to hate, or love, as they are not real to you.

You're letting an accident of birth define you. If your Mom was a Muslim or a Jew would you be trashing non-Christians, ex Muslims, Scientologists, athiests, who?

• abbasgreta
    abbasgreta

Athiests don't believe in God - Christians do. Argument over for me.

I was born-in to the wt cult. I was faithful to them for 50 years until I suddenly and painfully realised I was being lied to. It still took us (all the family got baptised on the same day in an Anglican church) 5 years to "de-brief" and finally disassociate ourselves. I would always expose to others the heritical teachings of the watchtower, but no-one could love jws more than me. I pray for the day when, like lost sheep, they would come in droves to our church - I, all my brothers and sisters and our Vicar especially - would be there with open arms to nurture them and show them the real Gospel. My story is exceptional - no jw hated "false religion" more than me - a real Saul to Paul story. But God is full of Grace and mercy.

I too during all those decades, was absolutely convinced only jws had "it" right and slaved for them as a pioneer for years. Cults own your mind, control your information and dictate your actions - your life is unknowingly owned by them. Its just terrible. I could never trash people who are trapped in any cult - and try not to judge others - merely pray for everyone else - they don't know what they are missing. How I wish they would all turn to Christ! I really cannot express in words just how wonderful I have found life in Him to be. Please disagree with me and scoff a little if you must, but please try to comprehend my joy (word not good enough) and be glad for me. My struggles are over - I am completely at peace. I really wish the same outcome for you all, whichever way you choose.

Peace

Peace

• cofty
    cofty

truly who is the one ranting here for the last um eight or so pages? - MsD

I never rant.

Funny how that word "truly" has become a shibboleth of a certain group.

Abba - You remind me of me 9 year ago.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Athiests don't believe in God - Christians do. Argument over for me.

Then you clearly don't understand the argument.

• marmot
    marmot

Why do Christians have to have a stranglehold on the whole god concept on this forum? I was born-in to the WT and left because of the silliness of the bible (man appearing on earth only 6000 years ago, global flood, sun standing still, mythical genocides unsupported by archaeology), yet there are many other belief systems out there aside from the monotheistic concept. I don't believe in the Christian God and I haven't seen any other evidence for the existence of a deity or deities actively involved in the affairs of humanity.

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

crossquestions6995 Re the opening post: “This site is not a healthy forum for discussion or healing. Its an arena for jaded athiests to bash anything Christian or God related.”

My take on your post is that, on this forum, there’s a healthy balance of Atheists, Christians and those that ain’t too sure. We could do with half a dozen Muslims, a few Jews, a Buddhist, a Hindu, and a great big spoon to stir the pot.

On the other hand, if you are looking for a simple life, just worship Dawkins - you know it makes sense.

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing

Cross questions, why not share with us why you believe in god? Crowds

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit