this site sucks! its just a buncha athiest on soap boxes.

by crossquestions6995 167 Replies latest jw friends

• GromitSK
    GromitSK

I agree Simon. The question is "why do you believe as you do?". Then there is a basis for discussion. If a person can't explain it then it's more difficult to engage but that's their problem - they can either acknowledge that they can't explain why they believe something or start the journey to understanding their own beliefs and perhaps changing them.

A person may have beliefs based on their own experiences. The difficulty here would be convincing someone else of the validity of those beliefs, who hadn't shared that experience or had a different view of it. That won't be an issue unless they attempt to convince the other person that their beliefs are in some way 'a truth' for everyone.

Perhaps the OP can explain why they hold their beliefs in a way that might lead to discussion. It's less likely to happen if they see the environment as fundamentally antagonistic.

• braincleaned
    braincleaned

Fact is, in general, Atheists know more — even their Bibles.
    Knowledge is arrogance to the ignorant.

Faith needs not to be challenged with evidence and knowledge.

• steve2
    steve2

SFPW - your timing is fantastic - you know how to just stir the pot perfectly by saying those things (dripoping with irony) guaranteed to elicit an impassioned response from an apostate - just throw in the hook and line and see how many you can catch hey? Too much fun!

You credit SFPW with too much forethought. His approach is predictably one-note feeble: Prod and ignore, prod and ignore, prod and ignore ad infinitum. A randomly thrust pin into another party will inflict some pain - but very little else.

From a freudian perspective, his comments do not so much drip with irony as reveal a secretive heart well-accustomed to the dual life of an anxious sceptic who is not free to express his views among "brothers and sisters". Venture onto this site where the pickings are easy and where you can exist in denial of your problem by exposing it in others.

• GromitSK
    GromitSK

I don't think knowledge is necessarily seen as arrogant, but the way it's presented certainly can be.

• yourmomma
    yourmomma

why would you in any way see atheists as a threat to your beliefs unless they are not based on a solid foundation?

• Suraj Khan
    Suraj Khan

From a freudian perspective, his comments do not so much drip with irony as reveal a secretive heart well-accustomed to the dual life of an anxious sceptic who is not free to express his views among "brothers and sisters".

From my perspective, I think he just enjoys getting a reaction and inflicting pain. Did Freud have anything to say about sadists?

• MadGiant
    MadGiant

crossquestions6995 - "Its an arena for jaded athiests to bash anything Christian or God related."

• Narcissistic Supply
    Narcissistic Supply

this is paradise earth.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Stand for Pure Worship says .....

That's the beauty of The Truth

If your referring to the the deceitful lies and commercialized corruption spoused out

by the Watchtower Corporation, then you haven't recognized what is in the meaning

of the word "Truth", perhaps you never will.

• GromitSK
    GromitSK

I guess whether a person sees atheists as a threat or not depends on the nature of their faith. Atheism is obviously a threat to any belief in god not based on direct objective personal experience (ie most of them) because the objective evidence for god that is available to everyone seems (to me), at best, moot.

I don't see the point of a religious view based solely on a dogged determination to believe it irrespective of proven facts. It sounds more like an emotional attachment.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit