this site sucks! its just a buncha athiest on soap boxes.

by crossquestions6995 167 Replies latest jw friends

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

But there are logical answers to ur questions and "problems" with God and the bible

Care to provide an example or two? Like why God sits around all day long watching rapes, child molestations, innocent people get murdered, and a few hundred other horrible things?

But he looooooooooovessssssss you!

• jgnat
    jgnat

Spelling and punctuation helps to clarify intent. These little things matter. Thanks for the thumbs-up. Skeptical Christian here.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

I don't even own a soap box. What are you talking about?

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent

bash anything Christian or God related

OH! yeah - but if it was the other way round, I guess you'd say it was OK!

• cofty
    cofty

I would love to have a real discussion - xq

I hope you are not bluffing about that.

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

it's athEIst, not athIEst, it's not so hard to spell that right, come on.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

....................................................................  photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

Ah, the Kingdom Hall of Atheism. That's where I feel like I am as well sometimes.

I'm with crossquestions6995 on this. I've noticed the same. Perhaps I'm contributing to the perception in not entertaining the arguments. I probably have a perception that could be of interest and can't count the number of times I've thought about throwing the metaphorical curve in with an explanation based on other scriptures. The problem is, participating is like going to the KH for a service. I'm okay with a person having a belief (or non-belief) that I don't share. I just can't stand the venom.

It seems that those who bash may once have bought into the notion of the scriptures being entirely literal. That's the WTS's fault given their use of the Bible as the strong arm of laws they're trying to bind on the conscience of the adherents. It seems that once the holes of the literal interpretation of passages such as Noah's Ark and the book of Genesis are realized, there's an entire collapse in a belief in a higher power.

In other denoninations, the literalism of the Scriptures isn't stressed like it seems to be in JWism, so I've figured that's the angst.

Oh, and no, I'm not participating in a "well WHICH parts are metaphorical" discussion. While invited repeatedly, I rarely stay long in the Kingdom Hall of Atheism.

Still love you guys... but you can enjoy your own service. LOL

• braincleaned
    braincleaned

By being so closed minded

LOL! It facinates me that people who are stuck on beliefs of over 2,000 years ago, call the ones that question and seek the "closed minded" ones!
    The irony is scalding!

I couldnt care less about spelling or punctuation.

Hmmm... what does that say about your care for truth?

• crossquestions6995
    crossquestions6995

U guys are right... I should have respected the queens english a little more. My apologies for how incoherent it is :/

And I personally believe that the only way to get the truth is to get all sides of the story. So i have and currently am honestly researching all points of view. I also believe in respecting peoples beliefs and letting them find their own way.

But I cant stand when people attack other people and belittle them for what they believe (christian, atheist, new ager, etc). Unfortunatly, that is what happens topic after topic on this site. And in this situation its people with the athiest point of view that are doing what "christians" are normally accused of doing. Just f.y.i. I would be upset if christians where doing the same to athiests on this site.

I came here looking for both point of views from ex-jw's cuz there are valid points in both camps. But as soon as "God" comes into the thread, His validity is immidiatly the focal point of the topic. Or, the poster who brought him up is either ignored or berated.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit