this site sucks! its just a buncha athiest on soap boxes.

by crossquestions6995 167 Replies latest jw friends

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

If you do not like this forum and want to discuss the bible more go to paradisecafediscussions.org

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

For bohm....

[takes a bow]

Robin Hood: Oy...give it back!

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

While it may seem that some posters are being cruel, that is not the case. They are trying to help people learn to use critical thinking skills. While at times they may be more emphatic than you deem appropriate, what you may not know is that many of these arguments have been made before, by the same people. Since no one is here under duress (which cannot be said about those attending the KH), obviously the believers are not that much bothered by the discussions, since they choose to stay and keep posting.

It seems to me that you chose to stay and post here, you are not that much bothered by these discussions either. I think what is really bothering you is that the Athiests have a point, and that makes you uncomfortable.

I suggest you stay and join in the discussion. Or stay and read the posts that have nothing to do with Athiesm, there are plenty of them.

Welcome to the forum.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Crossquestions says ...... But I cant stand when people attack other people and belittle them for what they believe

(Christian, atheist, new ager, etc).

Do you realize within that statement that you contradicted yourself on the very topic of this thread.

The problem with people here is that they are perfectly aware of the nonfactual commercialized fraud the WTS/JWS is, that most who leave this

organization eventually become atheists or stealth agnostics. .... myself included .

This is an open forum for the general public so all view points are presented here.

Some of the most respected posters here are devout Christains for one reason or another. (Tec)

• Wozwozza
    Wozwozza

It appears that is OK for you to have your "rant" but no one else has your priveleges to express their rant

• Ding
    Ding

I recommend using PMs.

Read the posts to find members whose points of view you want to explore and carry on sustained discussions with them via PM.

• steve2
    steve2

Cross, as you would have learnt well when you were a JW, it is highly dangerous to expose ignorance to the cold light of day. You have the choice to crawl back under the rock and take your superstition with you, or brave the difficult blaze of sunlight and keep looking. It can be hard not having fairy stories to fall back on - but you are not a preschooler.

Your choice, man.

• Farkel
    Farkel

: P.s. I couldnt care less about spelling or punctuation.

Translation: "I know I butchered it, which means I know what it is to NOT butcher it, which in turn means: I am a troll looking for trouble.

Screw you, troll.

Farkel

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

I must admit there is a lot of atheist god-bashing going on, and proponents of both sides of the debate need to show more respect for one another. There is healing to be had here though, it's just that like anything, you have to sort through.

• braincleaned
    braincleaned

Like Hitchens and Dawkins have said, we need to respect each other, but we do not have to respect religions.
    In fact, to use Hitch's words, I have but utter contempt for religion, especially the Abrahamic religions and their filthy monster of a god.

Thank you for giving me a soapbox to stand on.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit