Elders receive a report that I am openly displaying false religious symbol

by confusedandalone 113 Replies latest jw experiences

• Faithful Witness
    Faithful Witness

This is one for the books. Shoe colors? It is very sad to see how small their world has become, that this is the best they can do.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Love what you said, you can't call me up and talk to me like a child, brilliant. In my experience when you dissasociate yourself like we did they get so angry. They basically are saying to you come back, we haven't finished torturing you yet.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

What do Rasta Colours mean:

The black is for Africa . The red is for the blood of all living things in the world. The gold is for all of the treasures in the world that people cherish. The green is for the earth that people walk on, to which Rastas feel a special connection. These colours represent the Rastafari way of life. They were often proudly displayed by Bob Marley , one of the leading people in the rastafarian movement.

rasta colors photo: RASTA Rasta_Colors_by_facesastheycome.jpg

....................................... photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Welcome to Jamaica Mon!!..

.........................................  photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• Separation of Powers
    Separation of Powers

Possible replies:

"Well, I am sorry, but I am color blind. I had no idea what colors they were. They all looked muted pink."

" I am studying to be an electrician and the three colors represent a grounded 240v circuit."

"They were on sale and all I could afford after I donated last week's check to the Warwick project."

"They are the colors of a stoplight. So are you telling me I shouldn't respect stoplights because of their blatant religious overtones?"

"They are a metaphor of my spiritual progress. GREEN- I was in and moving along with the spiritual chariot. YELLOW- I started to wake up and slow down in my pace with the chariot and RED- I just simply decided to STOP."

" What? Is there something wrong with the color black? You know, it really ISN'T a color...more of a tone or hue. "

"You should see my socks!"

• Captain Blithering
    Captain Blithering

Wow. Just wow.

• Etude
    Etude

The situation you describe, confusedandalone, is typical of the type or reasoning that the cult breeds. It’s possible that HQ could reject the issue as banal and the elders have to stop this line of assault. But if they’re really after you, they could justify it with other things. It won’t change their means of justification. When I wrote to them about the inconsistency between the Malawi party card issue and the Mexican military card brothers had to carry, their lack of response told me volumes.

While at Bethel in the mid 70s, they would not iron your blue jeans. Apparently, Knorr felt that all the gays in Brooklyn Heights wore jeans and did not want to encourage bethelites to look the same. However, if you paid the dry cleaners, they would press them for you. When I moved to the Farm in Wallkill, I tried to get my blue jeans pressed. They refused. When I asked why they said that in Brooklyn the view is they do not press blue jeans at the laundry and they would follow suit. I replied that in Brooklyn they will press them for you at the dry cleaners if you pay. Their answer was: “Well, we’re not Brooklyn.” I took this up to the home servant (whose name I can’t recall). He was a stocky man with salt-pepper hair and walked with a limp from a knee injury or deformity. Regardless, this dude was a black hole when it came to logic.

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent

There's something about the bible (that when studied) makes smart people stupid and stupid people even more stupid.

• Etude
    Etude

fulltimestudent:

Baahahah! That's not entirely on point but it's funny as hell. I would have said: "...when studied by Witnesses..."

• blondie
    blondie

GROUNDS FOR DISFELLOWSHIPPING?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit