Elders receive a report that I am openly displaying false religious symbol

by confusedandalone 113 Replies latest jw experiences

• jgnat
    jgnat

Let me get this straight. You write a kick-ass disassociation letter, but they reject it because you didn't sign it. So they want to disfellowship you because you wore colorful Adidas in the presence of sisters. Out in the world. Where jeans are allowed.

"You can't quit - we fire you!"

Bass ackwards if you ask me.

• MadGiant
    MadGiant

“Driving a Pleiades should be neutral, at worst, and arguably, even a model to be encouraged for JWs to drive!” – adamah

You are right. They have excellent millage.

Ismael

• gma-tired2
    gma-tired2

Cowboy boots were looked down on in Southern California but we lived in central California. The LA brothers just coudn't understand brothers wearing cowboy boots. My husband was a beach kid who ended up living in a redneck area. Thats how he eneded up wearing cowboy boots

• FirstLastName
    FirstLastName

OMG....I drive a Mazada. I guess I should be expecting a call.

I got a visit when I was 17 or 18, from 2 elders in my hall because they had heard a report that I was observed at a resturaunt by the CO, wearing chains and tattoos. Also I was being loud and causing a scene. I WAS wearing a temporary tattoo in my ankle and my belt was a link (chain?) belt on my shorts. I was with a group of friends eating dinner, I dont recall causing a rucus, so denied the "loud" charges. Nothing came of it.

It was very petty. Just like the issue with your shoes. I am glad you did not give them any control.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

MAZDA -

The company website states that its name "derives from Ahura Mazda , a god of the earliest civilizations in West Asia...the god of wisdom, intelligence, and harmony..." Ahura Mazda is the Zoroastrian God. The company website also notes that the name "also derives from the name of our founder, Jujiro Matsuda ."

- from wikipedia

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney

What about driving a Mercury?

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

Don't forget the Dodge Ares...

MMM

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

Hmmm... do any of the elders have "Pandora" internet radio?

MMM

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

Perhaps those JW elders should stay away from "Midas Brake and Muffler" ... go somewhere else if you need to get some work done on your brakes...

MMM

• jgnat
    jgnat

Not to mention avoiding days of the week.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit