Elders receive a report that I am openly displaying false religious symbol

by confusedandalone 113 Replies latest jw experiences

• jemba
    jemba

I love teasing them with a trolley full of xmas decorations or buying a birthday cake in front of them, when they say something I always say its not for me, its for my neighbour or work. lol Ill never let them get the upper hand they are just nobodies with giant egos.

• jemba
    jemba

Not sure how Ill make excuses for tattoos and piercings I have planned, some ducking and weaving called for then.

• DeWandelaar
    DeWandelaar

These elders would die if they ever come to holland on Kings Day. There would be a lot of JW's here who would be DF because of wearing orange and going to all the festivals that day. What a bunch of clowns!

• adamah
    adamah

Just some food for thought: if any are acting out AGAINST JWs and their policies and beliefs by engaging in passive-aggressive displays of defiance, then aren't you still under control of the GB, just doing the opposite? You're not free and in control of your life UNTIL you stop the thought from running thru your mind, "Hmmmm, what would the elders think of this?"

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

adamah - "...if any are acting out AGAINST JWs and their policies and beliefs by engaging in passive-aggressive displays of defiance, then aren't you still under control of the GB, just doing the opposite?"

Not if you're having fun with it.

• Stealth
    Stealth

Not if you're having fun with it.

This is actually a good strategy when it comes to fading. Passive-aggressive displays of defiance, such as growing a beard, getting a tattoo, talking about Jesus all the time instead of Jehovah, watching R movies.... will get you the label as someone with a Bad Attitued (BA).... but not enough to DF.

Then once you stop attending meetings the elders are actually glad to see you go. It worked for me.

• adamah
    adamah

Stealth said-

This is actually a good strategy when it comes to fading. Passive-aggressive displays of defiance, such as growing a beard, getting a tattoo, talking about Jesus all the time instead of Jehovah, watching R movies.... will get you the label as someone with a Bad Attitued (BA).... but not enough to DF. Then once you stop attending meetings the elders are actually glad to see you go. It worked for me.

Yeah, I agree, just as long as the person realizes it's only a temporary measure that allows the elders to remain in control, since it's still allowing them to control one's life (by doing the exact OPPOSITE). In the end, you DID "flee from Babylon the Great" (i.e. the JWs), which is the important part.

The situation is a bit like the teen who rebels against their parents, and gets tattoos, smokes, etc, AKA acting out. In the end, the teen still needs to quit whining about how stoopid (sic) and what meanies their parents are with their strict rules, and how unfair life is, and actually get a job, move out of the house, pay their own rent/utility bills, etc, and live their life on their own terms, and not just whine about it. But in that situation, it is perhaps useful as a delay tactic, or to give themselves time in order to build up the courage to act.

Adam

• DeWandelaar
    DeWandelaar

Adamah... you MUST agree that even when you are NOT under their controll you would get mad as the mad hatter! Not because you want to be a JW but just about how downright dumb and foolish that guy is! I personally think it has more to do with the elder then with the doctrine... you must really be insane to even make such a notion (about the shoes).

• adamah
    adamah

Dewandellar said-

Adamah... you MUST agree that even when you are NOT under their controll you would get mad as the mad hatter! Not because you want to be a JW but just about how downright dumb and foolish that guy is! I personally think it has more to do with the elder then with the doctrine... you must really be insane to even make such a notion (about the shoes).

Yeah, I'm not buying his excuse that an ex-elder from Jamaica (!) didn't understand the symbology associated with the rastafarian stripes. He likely was not counting on THEM knowing what the symbol meant, and it doesn't matter if he IS an adherent of rastafarian beliefs or not: his wearing the shoes communicated his support of the rasta lifestyle to others (just like a person wearing a cross conveys that the person is a Xian; that's kinda the point).

We were all ex-JWs, and we all know the policy: don't wear clothes associated with 'false religion' or 'drug/Worldly culture'. Same reasoning explains why you don't see JWs wearing a yamulke, but then lamely claiming they're wearing it to protect their bald spots from sun damage:

The same policy applies to wearing rastafarian wear, and OP was caught in the act.

If you don't agree with a group that tells you what you can and cannot wear, then here's a news-flash: don't BE in the JWs, but "flee from her, Babylon the Great!" Though not DFed, the OP is already shunned by family, so he apparently doesn't have anything to lose (and his passive-aggressive tactics are making JW critics appear to be willfully-ignorant of JW policies, or worse, willing to resort to deception and lies. THAT'S not cool, IMO).

Yeah, the JWs are unfair, and it's wrong for them to break families apart, etc, but all individuals have to actually DO SOMETHING by VOTING WITH THEIR FEET, and the individuals suffer the consequences of their inactivity (by choosing to remain a part of a ferkin' idiotic cult).

Adam

• Giordano
    Giordano

My proctologist is a Rasta.....Dr. Pokemon

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit