Elders receive a report that I am openly displaying false religious symbol

by confusedandalone 113 Replies latest jw experiences

• gma-tired2
    gma-tired2

Shared the picture of your shoe with my husband. His response I really like that shoe. It reminded him of the brother who came to him and said dress cowboy boots weren't accptable. We soon came to the conclusion "Who Cares"

• Hummingbird001
    Hummingbird001

Rastafarians wear sandals. Like Jesus did. What are they gonna do - disfellowhip Jesus unless he changes his shoes?

• will-be-apostate
    will-be-apostate

Anyone using AVON products? You should include an apology next time you pray to your heavenly father because in hebrew it means perversity. :))

• pronomono
    pronomono

Forget the colors. What about the canabis leaf on the tongue?

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

What exactly is the actionable offence according to the Elders book if I want to wear Union Jack underpants for example ? what exactly can they really do you for ?

• MadGiant
    MadGiant

“MadGiant said-

Should have been funnier with Subaru instead.

Should we start a list of products JWs cannot use without risk of stumbling others?

Mars bar (named after Mars, the Roman God of war):” - adamah

Subaru still funnier:

For 62 years, 1891 to 1953, the WTS taught that God resided on the star Alcyone in the Pleiades constellation and that from this star he governed the universe!

This belief was taught in 1891 in Volume 3 of Studies in the Scriptures and was based on passages in the Bible.

The WTS also taught that the Great Pyramid of Egypt provided additional proof of God's throne in the Pleiades! (The Golden Age 1924 September 10 pp. 793-794)

The book Reconciliation (1928) says:

But the greatness in size of other stars or planets is small when compared with the Pleiades in importance, because the Pleiades is the place of the eternal throne of God. (p. 14)

Yeah, definitely Ironic and funnier.

Ismael

• adamah
    adamah

Huh? How could a Subaru Pleiades stumble anyone, MadGiant? Pleiades would be pointing to the GLORY of God (who's ruling in his throne), and not pointing to a false Roman God (like Mars).

Driving a Pleiades should be neutral, at worst, and arguably, even a model to be encouraged for JWs to drive!

Adam

• wearewatchingyouman
    wearewatchingyouman

It reminded him of the brother who came to him and said dress cowboy boots weren't accptable. We soon came to the conclusion "Who Cares"

Seriously? When I was a kid half the congregation wore Cowboy boots. The PO had these really fancy ones with silver tip covers and he always wore a bolo tie. I thought they all looked so goofy as a was a surfer dude stuck in hick town hell. lol. Now I love cowboy boots. Though I still can't stand the dressy ones.

• Mum
    Mum

All JW's should be instructed just to wear one color. Brown would be best to represent the shit they spew. Brown shirt, brown slacks, brown socks, brown shoes - not offensive to anyone and not on any flag or national symbol that I've seen. Chinese citizens wore gray uniforms. Repressive groups get into minutiae in a big way.

If you want to be a rebel, wear brown Spandex!

• committeechairman
    committeechairman

Because what you're describing is not clearly a religious symbol, I don't believe those elders have anything to stand on in this instance. If they decide to disfellowship, they will have to send this in a report to the branch office. In the report they will have to provide detailed evidence that supports their formation of a judicial committee and a decision to disfellowship. Also, they will have to provide even more detail in the narrative for the report.

The branch office can and will kick back disfellowshippings which have insufficient basis. I've seen more than one instance where the elders were hasty and acted without proper foundation and the branch office directed the elders to rescind the disfellowshipping and announce it to the congregation just that way.

An interesting thought exercise is to substitute another religion. Let's say that I bought white tennis shoes with red and yellow coloring (stripes or otherwise). Those ALSO happen to be the colors of the Catholic Church (white, yellow, and red). Does it follow that I'm now a practicing Catholic if I'm not attending mass or taking part in communion? Even if I used to be a Catholic, there is no basis for an apostasy charge in my opinion here.

If you are called to meet with a judicial committee mention very early in the hearing that you see no basis for the hearing and that you believe that the body of elders did not have proper foundation and evidence to form the judicial committee. These are code words to an experienced chairman that if they reprove or disfellowship that you believe there is basis for appeal. Also mention to them the option they have (a surprising number of elders do not realize this) that if they decide that the committee should not have been formed because the evidence is insufficient to justify a committee that this is authorized by policy in their instructions. If they decide to disfellowship, immediately request (mail a registered letter the same day if possible and hand the chairman of your committee a copy and tell the chairman orally that you will definitely be appealing the decision) an appeal hearing on the basis that there is no evidence of apostasy (you have to state why you are requesting the appeal) then if the appeal committee also upholds the decision exercise your right to send a companion letter with the report to the branch office to force the issue to senior oversight in service or the branch committee.

Hopefully you find this helpful.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit