Elders receive a report that I am openly displaying false religious symbol

by confusedandalone 113 Replies latest jw experiences

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Committeechairman wrote ".......if I'm not attending mass or taking part in communion? Even if I used to be a Catholic, there is no basis for an apostasy charge in my opinion here".

That was my thought too. I also think this is one loose canon numbnuts Elder who may get his arse kicked by the others for making them look foolish, but perhaps they are all as silly.

Extending the principle of what CCM wrote in the quote above here, could they really DF me for having a profusion of seasonal decorations in and on my house during December/early January ?

I am not celebrating Christmas, or Saturnalia or anything, simply decorating my house as I want when I want. As I have been inactive and absent for a good number of years they can hardly claim I am "stumbling" others.

So what could they do to me ?

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

DF all the witnesses that have been or are attending the University of Phoenix...

MMM

• Comatose
    Comatose

Phizzy in your case NOTHING. I wouldnt imagine they would want to either if you've been gone years. Now, if you put up a Christmas tree.... trouble. But, seasonally themed decorations can't be touched.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

I'm not sure what's more pathetic, the elder following up on this or the two idiots that snitched on you to try to get some spiritual brownie points.

When i hear stuff like this, it always amazes me that at some point i actually thought this was reasonable.

I mean, what we are talking about here is sentencing someone to die because of the color of the stripes in their shoes!! When elders disfellowhip someone, in theory they place that person in a "to die at armageddon" state - a death sentence.

• Hortenzie
    Hortenzie

This reminds me of the kids in my son's school; they are so confused that when you use a word "black" in any context (black pen, black T-shirt...) they call you racist. But they are 12 years old. The elder should have known better...

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

jgnat: Let me get this straight. You write a kick-ass disassociation letter, but they reject it because you didn't sign it. So they want to disfellowship you because you wore colorful Adidas in the presence of sisters.

What jgnat said!

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

Wearing those tennis shoes

just like a mighty dread

roots rock reggae

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

ROFL!!! I'm sorry but that is hilarious!!! SHOES?? Really?? Amazing that I actually feed into that garbage not so long ago!

Love the way you dealt with that elder. The only power they have is the power we give them :)

• Splash
    Splash

You were very restrained in the circumstances - just reading it made me angry.

I think I would have just said "Stop being silly" then hung up.

This is what happens when you give someone authority who's only achievment in life is to do 10 hours ministry every month.

Honestly, it's just utterly unbelievable.

Splash

• Narcissistic Supply
    Narcissistic Supply

Clownbags.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit