Elders receive a report that I am openly displaying false religious symbol

by confusedandalone 113 Replies latest jw experiences

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Hummingbird001:

Rastafarians wear sandals. Like Jesus did. What are they gonna do - disfellowhip Jesus unless he changes his shoes?

No, you're confused. Jesus wore... whatever the Watch Tower Society's art department says he did.

• flipper
    flipper

Elders are hassling you over the color of your tennis shoes ? Good gawd man. I've heard it all now. When you stated you were " openly displaying false religious symbols " I thought they were pissed off about some fallic symbol you were displaying or something. These maniac elders are insane to intrude on your privacy- you handled it well. What's this world coming to ? 1984 all over again

• mind blown
  • laverite
    laverite

They are flippin' nuts. You try to quit, and they won't let you. They want to find a way to control you instead. The whole thing about just being able to leave the Watchtower Corp whenever you want is such BS. They are such liars.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Sorry to harp back to my post of a few pages ago, but this intrigues me. "Comatose" kindly answered that if I simply put up seasonally themed decorations they couldn't do anything, which is as I hoped.

But it was pointed out that if I put up a Christmas Tree, or presumably a fifty-foot inflatable Santa, it would be a problem, and I think that is correct.

But what makes me laugh about it is that if I did so, as an Atheist, I am not celebrating a christian or a pagan festival, as I don't believe Jesus was anything more than a man, and the old gods were invented by men as much as the Jesus myth was.

So, my choice of seasonal decorations would be as significant as my wearing Rasta colours, i.e I just like them.

I do realise that they could do me for Brazen Conduct, or "stumbling" others, (both a bit of a catch-all), or anything else they liked to pull out of their ass, but I make the point to show how very silly their petty attitude is, as has been well shown above.

To call them small-minded is to credit them with bigger brains than they "evidently" have.

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

Confusedandalone...

If you must insist on wearing rastafarian shoes, might I suggest something a little more subtile?

You wouldn't want that sister to "stumble" again would you?

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Unbelievable action by that elder. You handled that absolutely perfectly. Childish, small-minded legalism and hypocritical Pharasaical gnat-squeezing of the worst kind. I feel nothing but disgust for my former religion reading accounts like this.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

................Rasta Watch.......................................Rasta Battery Clamps..

...............................  photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

...................................... photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Thanks Outlaw, I'm definitely a Pasta-farian!!!

Pastafarian

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit