Ran into a witnessing table at the park today

by confusedandalone 102 Replies latest jw experiences

• Stand for Pure Worship
    Stand for Pure Worship

Scott, with all due respect, it's not that Jehovah's Witnesses don't have zeal or don't preach with fervor, it's that people today are more cautious and apathetic. Maybe to a lesser extent even lazy. Those publishers set up in a visible area which wouldn't disturb or cause a safety concern for the crowd present. Now whether or not people would take the initiative to engage in discussion, wasn't something those publishers could have controlled. The people likely knew or had an idea about what those publishers were set up for, but either out of apathy, cautiousness due to not wishing to upset thei comfortable lifestyle and worldview, or laziness, they chose not to engage. Can't fault those brothers and sisters.

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

Why are people suppose to engage them in discussion? I always thought it was the other way around.

Again why are you violating the LAW of the Faithful and Discret Slave and writing things on this site?

You are a troll of the worst sort or you are in direct opposition to Jehoober God, I pray you do not have children because if you keep up this kind of activity Jehovah will send Giant flaming pieces of Molten rock on to your childrens heads and make their brains seep out in to the ground and he will make you watch and make sure your last thought in life is that you violated his law and you caused it to happen.

• wasblind
    wasblind

" It's not that Jehovah's Witnesses CHICKEN LITTLE don't have zeal or preach with fevor. It's that people today are more cautious and apethetic"___Stand for Pure.......

Especially scince Armeggedon the sky hasn't fallen

• gma-tired2
    gma-tired2

SFPW since when is it the responsibilty for "worldly" people tp approach JWs. 50s and 60s we were taught when street witnessing it was our "JWs" responsibility to approach others and to share our "Good News".

• Maralee
    Maralee

Has anyone recorded the SAD, God's word exerts power? Thank you, Maralee

• wasblind
    wasblind

" why are people suppose to engage them in a discussion ? I though it was the other way around ".____Confusedandalone

" The message that the Witnesses proclaim involves the lives of people; they want to be careful to miss no one."__Reasoning book page 206

Be glad that Jehovah's Witnesses don't report the weather

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

SFPW,

There is no way most or maybe even any of the people present knew what that table was all about.

The responsibility lies in the JW not the crowd of people. This is taught by the WT when the JWs are told to go door to door uninvited or unannounced.

If the crowd was responsible, then how about the JW just walking down the streets instead of knocking on the doors in FS ? Let the householder approach them if they are interested. That would be consistancy, not contridiction as your post indicates.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

I'm with Confusedandalone, I want to hear the answer as to why such a pious, faithful brother as SPW validates his posting on such an "evil apostate board"

which the brothers and sisters are warned to stay away from.

• wasblind
    wasblind

" The responsibility lies in the JW not the crowd"_____nonjwspouse

" Why do Jehovah's Witnesses preach from house to house ?

When Jesus sent out his early disciples, he directed them to go to peoples home."____Reasoning book page 206

• wasblind
    wasblind

gma -tired2 I agree . sorry for the miss

I need my eyes checked

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit