Ran into a witnessing table at the park today

by confusedandalone 102 Replies latest jw experiences

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

My wife just returned home. SHe said they packed up at aropund 4 o'clock.

So let us get this straight... 9, 10, 11, 12, 1, 2, 3, 4

That is 8 hours of service and she said no one went there and that they simply got food from the concession stand and chatted to each other.

SO here in the Tampa Area it is 82 degrees, sun is out and they spent 8 hours chillin and eating. Sounds like a great way to get time. Just imagine sharing their stories with Ezekiel and Joshua in the new system and they get to tell them how they spent long days eating and drinking and having fun before the end came. These faithful men will assume the paradise started a long time ago ROFL

• KiddingMe
    KiddingMe

Lol, looks like something I would do.

A few years ago, we were visiting Times Square and as we left the train station, they had a set up like that. Only difference is, they were right in the thick of it, amongst the homeless, break dancers, singers etc. We stopped and talked with them. As I understood it, they were not suppose to approach people, just allow them to come up talk to them. I also understood that this would be done in areas with plenty of foot traffic, such as in large busy cities.

Too funny, they couldn't get far enough from the game population without you popping up.

• KiddingMe
    KiddingMe

I wonder if I can get some time doing this while attending my son's football game?

• suavojr
    suavojr

Everyone is just jealous because back in day this would be out of the question. Now the new age of JW's have been streamlined.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Hey it's better than doing the slow, drag your ass "pioneer walk"

Thats funny saw that a couple of days ago ........things haven't changed.

JWS will do the most redundantly stupid things, just to put some time in and if it becomes easy in the going all the better.

You think since they have an important vital message that could save people lives they would be more aggressively urgent.

Sounds to me the JWS have just gotten lazy and dispassionate.

• Island Man
    Island Man

Wouldn't it be the funniest thing ever if you discover that those JWs are actually both awake and purposefully set up their booth so as to avoid spreading Watchtower propaganda to the public, and that that is the reason why they did not want to "sell" you the Watchtower message? Wouldn't it be even funnier to discover that those two awake JWs post on this forum?

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Ok, it was me!! LOL!! Just kidding, I would not be caught dead in a suit that ugly. I'm more a of Calvin Klein guy.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I came across a table set up by JWS at an entrance to a subway recently.

It was like there were just letting the literature do the talking and they just stood there like mechanized zombies.

Sad really for there were some young teens there.

I briefly stood and watched for a couple of minutes and most people just frowned at them like good grief a religious cult

• WinstonSmith
    WinstonSmith

Wow, if this is what can be called 'witnessing' now, I'm tempted to go back and be a special pioneer. Spend my days sitting around chatting with a mate at a magazine table, then get some bonus time by going home and writing a pro-jw blog. Oh the accolades I will have!

Those hard care old codgers from decades past would be turning in their overlapping graves if they knew what a farce 'witnessing' has become.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

It isn't the most stupidest thing I've come across.

Back in the day JWS used to stand on the street early in the morning when no one was even using the street (small Town)

The occasional car or truck would drive by with stares like what are those idiots doing ?

Why do I remember that ?, because I did it with some elder in my youth.

You've got to love those easy hours though, even at the risk of looking stupid.

All for Jehovah ...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit