Ran into a witnessing table at the park today

by confusedandalone 102 Replies latest jw experiences

• AlphaMan
    AlphaMan

Are they actually serving God or trying to stay in good standing by meeting a "time quota" in a religious publishing house/real estate flipping cult?

What a pathetic waste of life. I wasted enough of mine and my family's life in this cult long ago and got out.

• BU2B
    BU2B

Not to worry! If someone has the right heart condition, our loving God Jehovah would have drawn them over to the tent. Anyone who is "sighing and groaning over the destestable things in these last days' whould have made that trek over to that tent, the holy spirit guiding them!

All at that game must have been wicked goat-like ones for sure!

• BU2B
    BU2B

Stand for true worship: Are you for real or using satire?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

BU2B - "Stand for true worship: Are you for real or using satire?"

Any sufficiently sophisticated parody of fundamentalism is indistinguishable from the real thing.

• mrquik
    mrquik

SFPW; You're correct. You can't fault the publishers for being allowed to carry out an absolutely fruitless endeavor. This approval would have to come from the leadership. Do you believe Jesus would have approved this waste of time during these "critical last days" ? Hardly. Then add counting this time as "service" must really add insult to injury. Ironically, as these aren't the "last days" , the "true religion" is not here and you're not it, this is just a collosal waste of time. Too bad, it seemed like such a nice day to be wasted.

• jam
    jam

There was a guy (JW) that lived on a small island,key. Population around

300-500. He was the only JW on that island. One day we went out for a visit.

So I ask him , do you have any studies. Not a one,not even his wife and kids.

So I was curious, how do you keep up your spirituality being so isolated?

He told me, he conduct his five meetings each week. He was a MS and the

branch would mail the needed info.

I remember afterward I had this picture in my mind, the brother giving the

sunday talk, conducting the WT in his living room, dressed in suit and asking,

any questions. Conducting the school and service meeting, in his suit.

I felt sorry for the brother, I,m sure the people on that key (Belize) viewed

him as a nut.

• jgnat
    jgnat

My son loved board games and he was pretty good. Very soon, though, his sister and none of his day-home mates would play with him any more. I would come to pick him up and he'd be happily playing with himself - and winning - while his playmates were running and shrieking outside.

• Listener
    Listener

It's weird to see them dressed in suits at a game.

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

Pioneer 1: Let's move the table back into the shade.

Pioneer 2: That's too much trouble, let's just go in the store and get some AC...

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

they seem to be getting more popluar these stupid metal racks with their magazines and crammed into them, a very busy main line rail station I use has one there most days and I'm starting to see them in smaller town centres, the main purpose I see for them is for JW's to constantly play with their mobile phones or just stand there and gossip, stupid idea , stupid religion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit