Ran into a witnessing table at the park today

by confusedandalone 102 Replies latest jw experiences

• MMXIV
    MMXIV

Bushel / light? Well done to those sisters. I'm confident in assuming they hate doing FS. They are embarrassed of being JW's. They are used to going to conventions and sitting for a whole day listening to boring talks so chatting to a friend for 5 hours seems a decent Saturday morning.

It beautifully sums up how inefficient and pointless their work is, how unmotivated their workforce is and how far removed they are from the early days of the cult.

If these were paid sales staff they would be fired immediately.

mmxiv

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

Wow...that is simply amazing!!. And that is supposed to be urgent life-saving work? Someone goes up to them and says hi and they simply ignore them and don't use the opening to preach something?

@confusedandalone - you are way too nice i think. Maybe i'm an a$$hole, but i'm pretty sure i would embarass them on the spot with a few comments.

Preaching is truly evolving into something that requires absolutely no effort. These younger publishers are much more aware of their conforts, than the older crowd.

I recall before i left, i would see some JWs standing outside the train station holding a magazine hoping that someone would stop and pick one up, and i remember thinking how lazy they were. But now this type of approach is becoming more popular, whether it's using literature carts or street stands.

It's all about coming up with the hours somehow.

• adamah
    adamah

Caleb's airplane, that sign is hilarious!

And if someone has to take a test to find out if they're a good person (and are actually TEMPTED into taking the test by the prospect of a free tricket), they really should be asking themselves other questions!

Adam

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit