Ran into a witnessing table at the park today

by confusedandalone 102 Replies latest jw experiences

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

I just got in from my daughters homecoming(She is a cheerleader and these guys make a huge deal out of this stuff). They play 3 football games of various age groups. It starts at 8 in the morning and just ended at 1:30. I just got in the house literally 5 minutes ago and I had to share. So we volunteered and had to be at the field by 7 o'clock. The whole community was at this enormous park. At 7:40 4 WITNESSES get out of the car and start setting up a witnessing booth. ( I have pictures but not sure how to get them on here.) First off, I laughed as hard as I could because it took them about 20 minutes to set up this little collapsible table and take out the signs.

By 8:05 or so it was all setuop and the brother left with his wife and left 2 sisters there to stay with the table. You will notice from the pics once I hget it setup that:

1. They setup across from the football field and next to the parking lot where they obviously knew that NOP ONE WOULD EVEN BE AT. They ccould have setup in the middle of the park where there would be foot traffic, but NO they purpiosely setup in an area where no one would be at.

2. One of them had on pants... after about an hour or so she went in the bathroom and came out with a dress.

3. They stayed there from 8 in the morning and they were still there when I left. The last game ends at 6. I left at 1:30 so they had atleast 5 and a half hours of service.

4. They did not talk to a single person. I know because I purposely hung around the area until I decided to finally talk to them.

5. They never changed the position they were seated. They sat facing each other for the full 5 hours I was there and all they did was talk to each other

6. They spent money buying cotton candy and a hotdog. But didn't talk to anyone.

7. I took my son to the playground that was right next to them and they didn't say anything obviously so I walked over and looked and said, "So are you guys selling something and she simply said "No". She then immediately went back to talking to her friend.

I am now uinder the impression that people are just going through the motions and doing whatever they can to appear to be normal and enjoy their lives. This whole JW system has become a flipping joke.

Notice how they never moved from the positions they were in. Noticed how you would not know humans were there unless you walked to the side.

Also notice how all the action was going on about 300 feet from where they all are yet they dont care.

Lastly some brother and some chick came by in order to say hiI guess and hang out. LOL

• confusedandalone
  • stillin
    stillin

No, no, Confused! You should be saying things like, "what great faith those people have! A great witness was given today even without saying a word!"

• Kojack57
    Kojack57

It wont be long and they will be posting on this very site.

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

I swear I have never seen something so ineffective. THere is a virtual carnival going on like 300 feet away and they didn't have sense enough to move closer

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Unbelievable photos confusedandalone. No body who wants to interact with people would position their table the way that they did. If they want to engage with people they would have placed the table facing the parking lot/ballpark and parallel and closer to the sidewalk.

I wish that more ex-JWs would walk up and reverse witness those types of JWs. It would be like shooting fish in a barrel. If enough ex-JWs asked them simple questions or inserted website labels like www.jwfacts.com in the propaganda, more JWs would start to leave the WTBTS.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• Suraj Khan
  • ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Hey it's better than doing the slow, drag your ass "pioneer walk" . . as long as they get their time in is ALL that matters to them.

Did you ask them a question, like the mistake in new Bible (Numbers) ?

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

Shirley they had no intention of talking to me at all,.

I said, "Good morning how are you ladies?"

One answered the other ignored me all together and just kept on talking.

Then I said, "Are you guys selling something?" The same one said, "No we aren't." Then continued her conversation.

I mean in all honesty I thought that I was on another plantet

• Kool Jo
    Kool Jo

@confusedandalone:

Thanks for sharing....you're so correct, quite a few JW's are just going through the motions...they couldn't care less if anyone comes by or not...once they get the hours in order to avoid any problems at the end of the month...

Peace

Kool Jo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit