Come... take the free gift of the water of life!

by tec 143 Replies latest jw friends

• John_Mann
    John_Mann

Tec you must seek medical help, now. Cofty even helped to find the origin of your "voice", you simply can't deny it, it's a fact.

Like others have said, everyone have an internal dialogue with our subconscious. It's not a voice external to you, neither is a voice from a magical being. This internal "voice" was evolved to express the meaning of subtle perceptions that our conscious mind can't easily grab. It was vital in a time where the jungle's law ruled. Today it help us to spot more sophisticated predators like conmen.

{yet you believe man came from monkeys.}

You can't believe in science, in science you must understand and then accept, after that you must keep trying to refute the acceptance. The theory of evolution is under this process since 1850's, and until now it have passed all questions.

If you take "monkey" as a primate, man did not came from monkeys, man IS a kind of monkey.

The homo sapiens belong to the order of primates, same order of all monkeys.

So, we accept we are a kind of primate. And we came from a being similar to a bacteria, we call it LUCA.

• besty
    besty

Evolution is not a fact. It is a belief.

May I ask if you were taught the Bible version of creation as a child?

• DeWandelaar
  • DS211
    DS211

Stand for pure worship said-- I see the cult of Christopher Hitchens and the brood of Richard Dawkins is flourishing here amongst the ex-JW community. Is it really any wonder why?-Psa 10:4; While I consider this Tec to be an agent of Babylon the Great, the former JWs turned atheist in this thread are equally disturbing. You've exchanged the Truth for a lie at worst and a myth at best.-Rom 1:25 You make humor at the voices this Tec fellow hears, yet you believe man came from monkeys. The irony.

funny it seems the cult of Joseph Rutherford via a stolen cult of CT. russell has decided to come and join us on JWN. SFPW--are jeremiah, david, and all the old testament friends here yet? How sad theyll be to know that someone bought Beth Sarim vnd they have n. Where to stay on their arrival.

• DeWandelaar
    DeWandelaar

http://youtu.be/yFCvg8uokZc?t=21s

Why doesn't it show grrrrr

• kassad84
    kassad84

Then Jesus entered a house, and again a crowd gathered, so that he and his disciples were not even able to eat. When his family heard about this, they went to take charge of him, for they said, "He is out of his mind." - Mark 3:20,21

• MadGiant
    MadGiant

"It's funny how these people who 'definitely' hear the 'voice' of 'the Lord' never actually say anything even remotely remarkable or even slightly indicative of coming from some 'higher power'." - Jeffro

Not only that but the message change from person to person. Their is more that 32,000 flavor of cristianity in the word. Even more crazy is that within all those flavors, individual people holds completely different believes.

Communication is architecture. Apparently, this deity is a crappy one if he/she/it gives a different set of instructions to everyone.

Ismael

• MadGiant
    MadGiant

"Evolution is not a fact. It is a belief." - bytheirworks

Not exactly, it's a theory. And a scientific theory summarizes a hypothesis or group of hypotheses that have been supported with repeated testing. If enough evidence accumulates to support a hypothesis, it moves to the next step—known as a theory—in the scientific method and becomes accepted as a valid explanation of a phenomenon.

When used in non-scientific context, the word “theory” implies that something is unproven or speculative. As used in science, however, a theory is an explanation or model based on observation, experimentation, and reasoning, especially one that has been tested and confirmed as a general principle helping to explain and predict natural phenomena.

Any scientific theory must be based on a careful and rational examination of the facts. In the scientific method, there is a clear distinction between facts, which can be observed and/or measured, and theories, which are scientists’ explanations and interpretations of the facts. Scientists can have various interpretations of the outcomes of experiments and observations, but the facts, which are the cornerstone of the scientific method, do not change.

In "layman" (and again, English is my second language) terms it can not be a law until it can be supported with repeated testing. Their is no way that we can witness millions or years in a lifetime.

It like saying that You don't believe that adults come from babies. Because you have observe them for hours and never seen one of them turning into a middle age man.

Take care,

Ismael

• MadGiant
    MadGiant

"What have you tested them against?" - tec

Religious affiliation is largely determined by that of one's parents and native country. Believers are encouraged to test their beliefs by trying to see them from the perspective of someone outside the faith. Using this criterion, believers would be required to treat books such as the Bible with the same critical skepticism that they would apply to competing holy books, such as the Koran or the Book of Mormon.

"Test your beliefs as if you were an outsider to the faith you are evaluating."

"The best way to test one's adopted religious faith is from the perspective of an outsider with the same level of skepticism used to evaluate other religious faiths."

"Tell believers to examine their faith critically and most all of them will say they already do. But tell them to subject their own faith to the same level of skepticism they use when examining the other religious faiths they reject and that will get their attention."

-John Loftus-

Againg, it didn't past the test.

Ismael

• tec
    tec

For the accusations of lies, I have already answered to that. You may believe (and you are merely believing) as you choose. For the accusations of mental illness... hearing Christ IS written OF. So anyone who is or was a christian (claims to have been one, at least), you should know better. I thank any of you who posted in sincerity and concern... but there is no reason for it. I am not ill. The men and women who gave their witness heard Him also. Paul heard Him. Peter heard Him. John heard Him. Cornelius heard Him. These are just a couple examples, and there are many more, then and now. They heard the same Lord. I am one more witness to Him who is alive and does speak.

There are also frauds out there, confusing the issue, as there have always been false prophets and false christs... and so test what one claims to have heard from Him. Against Christ if you can hear Him, and against love, and against what IS written, beginning with what is written about Him.

I cannot do anything about those who cannot or will not even consider anything other than lies or mental illness. So I must move on from such accusations.

And, as Kassad quoted (thank you!), they thought Christ was crazy too. Also Paul. No doubt others too.

So... it just comes with the territory. And I've been here for more than three years now. It is not like I have never shared as I have heard before.

Thanks for putting that into clear words, Villagegirl.

No need for the panic, Cofty. Ignore and move on... I mean you've linked to my forum four times already, lol. As well, no one has said an atheist cannot or does not have love or hope. No one has hijacked these things from you. Surely, you are not saying that a person of faith cannot have love or hope, though, are you?

Tammy, if your voice was disappointed in you before this posting he will most definately be by now...

Who said He was disapointed? He was teaching. He IS the Teacher.

Peace,

tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit