Wrong type alternative service

by Yadirf 103 Replies latest jw friends

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

God gave permission to the Israelites to defend themselves, in their own home, against someone who broke in and hurt them. If, in trying to defend himself, that perpetrator lost his life--at night--then the homeowner wa blameles..

I am Jehovah--I do not change.

• Yadirf
    Yadirf

Cornerstone

In reference to Farkel's felony conviction, it was the Borg masters who lied to him by pressuring him to make THEIR decission when it should have been his decission to make all along.
    Oh, and you can prove that can you? I suppose you were right there by Farkel's side at the time, so you should know. You silly boy you!
  • Yadirf
    Yadirf

Dungbeetle

God gave permission to the Israelites to defend themselves, in their own home, against someone who broke in and hurt them. If, in trying to defend himself, that perpetrator lost his life--at night--then the homeowner wa blameles..
    "EAT S**T"

Plus, you should really know better than to offer that argument.

• Yadirf
    Yadirf

Naeblis

You're saying he was right to ignore his doubts and listen to the Society?
    Farkel never said he had any doubts about the issue at the time, liar.

• Naeblis
    Naeblis

Oh, and you can prove that can you? I suppose you were right there by Farkel's side at the time, so you should know. You silly boy you!

• Yadirf
    Yadirf

People who can only mimic have nothing to say on their own. Can you point out to me in Farkel's post here in this thread where he admitted to having doubts about the stand he took? Didn't think so, stupid. You're also, nothing but a good cheerleader ... and you're UGLY too.

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

Just for the record, let me point out what alternative military service is all about. Civilized nations realized it would be barbaric to shot or incarcerate civilians who, by virtue of their conscience found it wrong to face the prospect of killing others in war. They long ago came up with a program to allow such people to become Medics and other non-combatant participants in wars.

Well gohead and call me stupid if you want but another way to look at this war stuff, if everyone who has the freedom of choice excercized that choice to be a medic then think of all the doctors we would have now. And Farkel could have been a doctor instead of a felon.

IMO this choice should have always been a personal choice of concience and there is no evidence in the Bible that says we shalt not put bandages on the wounds of a soldier.

I think Violent is getting baptized cuz she wants Yadirf

http://ourworld.cs.com/pwmkwzy/home.html

• Naeblis
    Naeblis

That would be true if I only mimiced. However you do a good job of avoiding points that are too close to the mark for you. I asked you that specific question to illustrate what a hypocrite you are. You come on here defending the society, but can't even find the strength to ignore your own doubts. Do you think that by coming here and spouting your twisted version of WT doctrine that Jehovah will somehow forgive your decades of unfaithfulness? Where is the waiting for his direction? Where is your willingness to follow his appoint faithful and discreet slave? These are the points you always ignore because they show up just how hypocritical you are.

Say you're right and Farkel at the time believed what he was doing was right. Do you understand the betrayal he must have felt to be used like a media pawn, told over and over again in the magazines that it was wrong to accept this service??? Only to go to jail for his convictions and end up doing the exact same thing he would have done in the first place? Or the fact that the Society has now once again reversed it's position with no apology to the people's lives that they have damaged? With no allowance that they were in error?

I cannot believe that you are this stupid. Why are you defending their doctrines, when you yourself are not willing to listen to what they tell you?

By the way, are these constant references to my looks supposed to mean anything? Remember, we've seen your picture also. Mesh fishermans cap and all. lol. Shouldn't you be doing something more productive in your retirement years than defending an organization that you cannot even bring yourself to fully follow?

• Yadirf
    Yadirf

Plmkrzy

"Doctor Farkel" ... has a rather dignified ring about it, doesn't it? Ha! Farkel has the wits to have been one of Jehovah's greatest witnesses, but he chose to join the other camp instead. How sad! But, this thread isn't about Farkel you people (hear that Nebulis?).

IMO this choice should have always been a personal choice of concience and there is no evidence in the Bible that says we shalt not put bandages on the wounds of a soldier.
    Or anyone else's wounds for that matter. But when it comes down to breaking one's vow of neutrality ...

I think Violent is getting baptized cuz she wants Yadirf
    Do I detect a bit of jealousy ... my little pretty one?

• CornerStone
    CornerStone

Yadrif,

100% proof beyond a shadow of a doubt? No, of course not.

However,

As a witness, in name only, I KNOW the Borg masters consider their OPINNIONS as coming from Jehovah God. They would waste no time in administering sanction or punishment against ANY witness who acted against their collective will! They absolutely DO NOT BELIEVE that a witnesses opinion contrary to theirs on Biblical matters has ANY validity whatsoever.

It is therefore REASONABLE to assume that a witness, (FARKEL), would be PRESSURED to adopt the opinion of the Borg masters, on pain of punishment or sanction, to the EXCLUSION of his own conscience descission.

They had no right to act as his own conscience!

If they were truly Christ-like, they would have developed his conscience to stand on it's own, not threaten it into obedience.

CornerStone

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit