Got Accosted by 2 JW Women While Pumping Gas Yesterday - Weird

by flipper 75 Replies latest jw friends

• whathappened
    whathappened

You ruined their day in field service, didn't you? Good!

• TJ Curioso
    TJ Curioso

Great job flipper!

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee
    or my fave is alway the fact that Dubs can now take blood fractions, I ask the questions where does the blood fractions come from and instead of them saying the obvious answer which is blood, they start talking about the synthetic form, then I bring back around to the human form.

I like the look on JW's faces when I tell them my Dad, based on the teachings of the Witnesses, died from not taking a Blood Transfusion and then about two years later the Leaders decided that it was OK to use the fractions of the blood donated by non JW's. How is that "abstaining" from Blood? Stops em' in their tracks every time. Actually I feel bad for them because I realize (looking back), I too was only prepared for scripted objections.

The thing is (and we've all seen this) they are lead to assume that no one out there knows the Bible like they do and that everyone else is in darkness and it's up to them to show the world the error of it's ways. They are used to being around people who are only allowed to agree and never question (at least out loud) and have received their training from these same people. Can you imagine if they prepared for "real" controversial objections such as blood fractions,child molesters or failed prophecies, during a demonstration at the Service Meeting? They might actually open up a conversation about these things within the congregation and that would be dangerous. Instead JW"s are trained to approach the householder or whomever, with the innocuous canned questions they have been trained to use as an opening for them become officious and begin dishing out, unsolicited and often inaccurate information. They feel they are ambassadors of Jehovah and are acting in an official capacity. They aren't being themselves when they are being officious and when they are confronted with an idea that they haven't thought of before, it can really rattle them and it brings them down off their official pedistal and causes them to look inward at their own beliefs.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Can you imagine if they prepared for "real" controversial objections such as blood fractions,child molesters or failed prophecies, during a demonstration at the Service Meeting? They might actually open up a conversation about these things within the congregation and that would be dangerous.

Most would wake up and leave.

I think I know one thing that contributed to my negative attitude about even bothering to talk doctrine and practices with JW's:

I tried to break through to my wife on blood fractions. I tried to discuss how they use a scripture to tell JW's blood should be poured on the ground or destroyed as a reason not to donate it, but they don't object to JW's using donated blood from outsiders to get fractions despite that scripture. (I may have put too much into one sentence, but you know what I am saying.)

Anyway, my wife's answer was that if it bothered my conscience, that's why it was a personal decision on how to apply the scriptures on blood.

I went on to say that it's not a personal decision as long as Watchtower declares the limits on fractions or whole blood.

It just became a vicious circle of "Then don't accept blood in any form." It just gets to me.

I appreciate that others like Flipper try to help stranger JW's to think. I personally stick to reaching family members with non-doctrinal issues and maintain relations and go the route Steve Hassan suggests. I guess I am still a bit sour after all these years.

• tiki
    tiki

awesome! don't forget to turn in your time!! hahhahahha excellent food for thought. i wish i had the balls.

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

Love it!!

I could just imagian the conversation that went on in that car group!! You gave them a whole lot to look into.

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan
    "Sir, we were just asking people a question, who do you think controls the world ? "

For such a bifurcated question (options were god/satan, right), it may really throw them off script if you said Zeuss or Allah, or FSM.

Where do you go from there? Or is it automatically satan if god was not chosen?

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

Flipper... you might consider getting your gas at this fill station instead... it's sure to spook out most JWs...

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

great anti witness Flipps, shame you couldn't slip the UN membership in!

• Dagney
    Dagney

Well played Mr Flipper.

I agree, they wont forget the things you told them. They are now filed forever in their brains.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit