Got Accosted by 2 JW Women While Pumping Gas Yesterday - Weird

by flipper 75 Replies latest jw friends

• Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

Good job Mr. Flipper!

• mouthy
    mouthy

So you were out Farming were you.? Planting seeds!!!! Sure hope they can get into the "dirt"the WT plants
    So that MY GOD JESUS!!!!Flipper wink wink) will let them grow.

• Retrovirus
    Retrovirus

KiddingMe wrote

A lot of times when leaving these types of encounters, JWs find a way to resolve in their mind the person's intent so as to discredit them

That was my experience too. Any disturbing information got a reply like "who told you that?" or "where did you find that?". The idea of checking the information against other sources was foreign to the jws I "studied" with; all information was "good" - if from an accepted source;( ie theirs) or "wrong - from Satan".

Easy to see why education is such a threat to the wt.

Retro

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Congratulations flipper on helping JWs to learn TTATT.

I wish that more people would confront JWs with TTATT so that eventually they wouldn't even bother asking "Who controls the world?"

Peace be with you and everyonw, who you love,

Robert

• Ding
    Ding

I wonder if they will count time and a half on those hours... or maybe even double time...

• flipper
    flipper

Thanks for all the great responses ! I appreciate it. Finally got back from working almost 24 hours straight from two different businesses. Participated in an Antique show this weekend selling some items, plus my normal business, so good to be back . Before answering to you individually I wanted to share something I left out in the opening thread.

The JW lady asked me , " You do you think controls the world ? " I DID answer her briefly to make her think somewhat. I assumed she was trying to insinuate that " Satan " or the " devil " controlled the world- so I gave her something different to consider. I answered her, " Well, I've done research on your question and from what I've discovered , at least in our country, the United States- the huge billion $$$$ corporations control OUR world, the illuminati, the global elite actually control our own president and he does THEIR bidding as many lobbyists and huge corporate leaders actually CORRUPT our government as the rich get wealthier and the disparity between the wealthy and poor keeps getting greater. "

The young 30 year old JW agreed with me that she had heard this as well and admitted that many people feel this way. Then I pursued my differences and concerns about the Witnesses with them. All the while this answer to the 60 yr.old JW lady's question happened - she herself stood there not saying a word while her 30 yr.old partner and I educated her somewhat. LOL ! Very interesting. I'll be back in awhile and address your great posts ! Thanks again

• insearchoftruth4
    insearchoftruth4

Fantastic Flipper, upside the head so SMOOTH Bro.

insot4

• Open mind
    Open mind

First off, big ol' High Five to Flipper!!!

So, after reading this, I tried to put myself in the shoes of those JW ladies. The one thing that I would suggest for future use is to actually grab a pen and a piece of paper towel from the gas station and WRITE DOWN "Candace Conti" and hand it to them. Then just say, "If you Google this name, the VERY FIRST hit will be an article in the Huffington Post that tells all about it. Not some website trying to attack the elders or the Watchtower, just the good old mainstream Huffington Post. Think of it as TIME magazine online."

Again, a Grande Cinco Alto to Senor Flipper!!

om

• Sammy Jenkis
    Sammy Jenkis

Slam dunk!

• ruderedhead
    ruderedhead

Well done!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit