Got Accosted by 2 JW Women While Pumping Gas Yesterday - Weird

by flipper 75 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

Thanks for all the replies folks ! Really appreciate it. I have to go to bed and start work at 4:30 A.M. and won't be back online until Monday PM as I have lots of out of town work the next couple days. I'll reply individually to you then. Thanks again for your really good thoughts on this. Hopefully some lurking JW's are reading it causing them to think. Take care, night, night. See ya Monday

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Thumbs up Flip !!

I'm reading this at 1:40AM EST which is 10:40 your time and you have to be at your job at 4:30am your time? Wow, those are some brutal hours.

I've actually had two sisters on separate occasion walk away from me (one on the subway platform the other who moved to another car on the train) when I started questioning how many generational changes have they seen in the Org, or my fave is alway the fact that Dubs can now take blood fractions, I ask the questions where does the blood fractions come from and instead of them saying the obvious answer which is blood, they start talking about the synthetic form, then I bring back around to the human form. . . such an F** up Organization !!

• rmt1
    rmt1

I used to go to the DCs in the 20k seat indoor stadium, the Capital Center, MD. This experience has has taken me back to those days, and I can see (and hear), with my mind's eye, the distant rushing sound of applause filling the reverberating, misty air, after the hearing of an experience given from the platform in suit and tie amongst carpet and flowers. This is worthy to receive the applause of 20k survivors.

• chicken little
    chicken little

Well done, they will not forget what you have said, they will have to battle with the feelings that it will have caused. That is a positive thing as it just may sink down and start something going in their critical thinking.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

High 5 brother. Man that was classic, and I really enjoyed it.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I was still trying to post from a Kindle Fire earlier. It just don't work anymore. Anyway....

Exwhyzee calls it right:

She , a complete stranger, walks up to you in a public place and out of the blue expects you to tell her who you think " control's the world". She was fully expecting to tell you what's what and who's who, but had the tables turned so instead of her being the authority in the conversation, you were.

We know from our own training and experience that JW's don't give a rat's ass what the householder's opinion is. They just wanted enough of it to know which way to take their sales pitch: are they talking to a hardcore Christian, unbeliever, typical "I don't know/care" person?

It's funny (and sad) how they give you open ended questions, truly ask for your input, then just want to run away if you have input.

The 60 year old continued, " Well, we let the ELDERS handle those stuations, it's not for us to be involved with. "

Maybe one or both of them will think on comments like that. Maybe if the crap ever hits the fan in their congregation, those words will even haunt one or both of these ladies. Hopefully, it won't be because another child gets molested.

Flipper, they are not lying about college or how situations are handled. They believe what they say. They are just wrong. I am torn on the college one. So many JW's think they are not coming down on college as hard as they actually are. That means they are using the loophole words in Watchtower magazines to look at the situation as just a precaution. In one sense, it's a shame they don't really realize the manipulation, but in another sense, it's good that they get the education and maybe a little push toward breaking free from the manipulation.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

For the sake of the kids getting molested in significant numbers within the JW's , well done.

It should be a 'go to' comeemt for us all when we are approched by JW's. When they say 'all religions and groups have bad apples' we can say ' no your religion itself was attributed blame and was given a financial fine as a consequence due to it't policy that AIDED the abuse.'

i always ask how this weighs with the ministry work, if anyone googles JW's these news eeports come to light very quickly, for every person that says no to this religion because of such reports, how will god judge them? These reports have outweighed the ministry work and are a huge tarnish on the religion. Defending these policies, not in the bible... They can call the police and break no bible verse....will help prolong them, help them happen and help people turn away.

snare

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

"Sir, we were just asking people a question, who do you think controls the world ? "

I am not an anti-Witness planner. My answer on the spot would have been:

"Well, the Governing Body controls YOUR world. I am in control of my own world."

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The indoctrination process by the WTS. is cleverly designed to create an us or them environment, where the JWS/WTS. organization is directed by

god himself and all other areas of engaging human involvement religious or otherwise are guided by Satan's rulership .

God's solemnly chosen organization the JWS is righteous and pure, therefore it is safe and wholesome for people to belong to this organization and

also to be subservient to it.

This kind of indoctrination is similar to other religious institutions like the Mormons, Moonies the list goes on and on.

The only difference is the WTS. wants people to publicize this premise door to door with the WTS's own written literature in hand.

• KiddingMe
    KiddingMe

Great job flipper! You are one of the reasons I hate and rarely do street work. I personally don't like people walking up on me at the gas station and therefore feel really uncomfortable doing it to others. So I'm already uneasy, then to get someone, that flips the script on me and take issue with the org, I would be done. Like someone else said, it would've been time to go for coffee or breakfast break after that. Lol

I like that you made sure to tell them that you researched and mentioned the name of the recent court case specifying the amount. I think this is key. The way you handled it gives credibility to your concerns, motives and shuts them down. A lot of times when leaving these types of encounters, JWs find a way to resolve in their mind the person's intent so as to discredit them thinking something like "oh he probably just doesn't like JWs", "he must of been stumbled before", "he's mad his family are JWs", "he must be an apostate", or "he must of gotten his information from a unreliable source". But that key information may have them go and do their own research, even if just to discredit something you said or to help them prepare for the next time they encounter this same issue.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit