Got Accosted by 2 JW Women While Pumping Gas Yesterday - Weird

by flipper 75 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

Absolutely weird. Minding my own business while pumping gas - this 60 year old short JW lady with fluffed bun styled 60's hair and her 30 year old attractive 5 ' 10 inch JW lady partner came straight up to me as I'm pumping. They picked the wrong Hombre . I was tired from working all night early Friday morning so I was in the mood to assist them to think about things. Wink.Wink.

The 60 year old asked me ( with no introduction ) " Sir, we were just asking people a question, who do you think controls the world ? " I said, " First of all, who are you affiliated with ? " she said, " We're Jehovah's Witnesses ! " Then before they could get a scripture in edgewise I stated, " Well, I have some differences and issues with your organization. " I continued, presenting myself as a non-Witness with relatives still in the organization " I have a 37 year old niece who is shunned by my JW older sister because she went to college and got her education . And I've been told by my JW relatives the WT Society discourages going to college. " The 30 year old lady said, " Well, that's not true. I was a single mother and I went to college and got my degree ! " So I asked her, " So you went against the WT Society's directions to get your education ? " She said, " I think the WT Society is just concerned about young people going to colleges and living there because they could commit immorality or use drugs or have a wild lifestyle. College is O.K. if the young people still live at home though. " Then I said, " Well, my sister shuns her own daughter because her daughter just stopped attending your church. She didn't get ex-communicated or anything- just stopped attending and received negative treatment. " I continued, " I have heard of others who have experienced this too. There is NO acceptable way for a Jehovah's Witness to just leave your church and NOT receive negative treatment in some manner. " The 2 Witnesses said nothing, speechless.

Then I broached the subject of child abuse. I stated that I" have another JW relative who is an elder and in discussing JW child abuse with him ; he stated that the elders when getting reports of child abuse first call the WT legal department to see how to proceed , instead of calling the police first. " I asked them, " Are you aware of that ? " The 30 year old lady said that her uncle is an elder and he told her that the elders "always call the police in child abuse cases. " I explained that I had heard differently as some news media reports indicated JW victims of child abuse were continually abused because elders had NOT reported the molesters to police and had delayed. " This caused the 60 year old lady to get flustered at me and she asked me, " what is your motive for telling us this ? Are you trying to turn us against the elders ? " I satated, " No, I'm just giving you access to information that you may not be aware of so that children can be protected in your church. " The 60 year old continued, " Well, we let the ELDERS handle those stuations, it's not for us to be involved with. " I said, " Oh really ? What happens then if a child molester is on the loose in your church , yet elders know and won't tell anybody ? How are JW parents supposed to protect their children and know who is and who is not a child molester ? " Then the 30 year old lady bailed her older partner out. She stated, " If a molester is found out they are removed as an elder or ministerial servant or else disfellowshipped. " I then added, " But how does that keep them from attending inside your church and still gaining access to children ? " Then the 60 year old lady said, " Well, we need to leave now as we have others waiting for us to get to. " I called her on it. I said, " Why are you wanting to leave ? Are you feeling uncomfortable with what I'm telling you about the child abuse policies in your organization ? I'm just trying to inform you to make you aware of it. I've done research. "

So I continued, " One last thing before you leave. You are saying you trust your elders so much . Did either of you read in the newspaper last summer about Candace Conti in the San Fransisco area winning a verdict of 26 million $$$$ against the WT Society for being abused as a child sexually ? In this story the elders were aware of her molester YEARS before he molested candace. He molested his own stepdaughter and was removed as a Ministerial Servant like you state happens ( as I looked at the 30 year old lady ) - however- the elders while knowing his past continued letting him go out in your ministry work with Candace Conti alone when she was 8 or 9 years old. And youknow what happened ? Instead of going out in the ministry- he took her to his own house and molested her, then later took her back to meet others to give her back to her parents. " I asked, " what's wrong with this picture ? " I cntinued, " It shows that more stringent child protection programs need to be in place, doesn't it " ?

Then the 60 year old JW lady was totally emotional and flustered. She re-stated, " We really need to go now as we have folks waiting for us. " The 30 year old said, " Thanks for your time, we enjoyed talking with you, take care. " It felt so good to give these JW's access to information that most of us know they either haven't heard of or are restricted from knowing about. So who knows ? Perhaps one of the lady's down the line will think about what I've said or at least spread the word that they had a challenging experience yesterday and in turn it will get other JW's to think or at least spread it around and talk. In retrospect- I'm glad they picked on me to chat. It lasted about 30 minutes or so and they now have a fuller view of how this universe REALLY operates ! LOL ! Anyway- thanks for listenng. Look forward to any takes or observations you may have. Take care, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

Can I get a whoop whoop!! Great job,..

Who did you say got accosted? Lol

NJY

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

Mr. Flipper YOU ARE DA MAN, what a great story!!! what an encounter. They were encouraged to hate field circus even more than they probably do already, lol!

Last week i had two elders show up at my door, i know them both. I opened the door, said This is not a good time, and shut the door again. As the door was closing, one of them said, We just wanted you to know we're thinking about you. I thought, Don't think about me!

I thought, Why don't those guys ever come see us in regular clothes, like when they were our "friends," and why do they think it's okay to stop by my house without calling first? NOBODY in the civilized world just stops by without calling first. Around here it's considered extremely rude.

• happy@last
    happy@last

Excellent reverse witnessing, if that's what its called. I hope the information you gave them sinks in.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
  • cantleave
    cantleave

I remembered most if not all of the negative comments I was exposed to whilst on the preaching work. I am sure your conversation will stick.

• L3G
    L3G

Wow, THAT IS an experience! Who knows? We may soon see a WT study article that says, "If you're accosted by a wordly person who claims to know about the inner workings of Society policy and the confidential activities of elders, stop talking to such a person and immediately leave. Always trust us, not them."

Indeed your experience may have an impact!

• Watchtower-Free
    Watchtower-Free

Good job.

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

OH L3G, i bet you are right on the money with that prediction!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey Flipper!..

She re-stated, " We really need to go now as we have folks waiting for us. "

JWs are the only people,who Hunt You Down..

To say..

Good Morning!..

I`m in your neighbourhood today,to tell you..

I`m Too Busy to Talk to You!..

.......................  photo mutley-ani1.gif ...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit