The final chapter in the confusedandalone story...

by confusedandalone 85 Replies latest jw experiences

• Thor
    Thor

Be strong, you will be happier in the end.

When you mentioned the phone calls it reminded me of when everyone found out we were not coming back.

I own my own retail business and witnesses who I never saw in my store were parading in like crazy like we were some kind of curiosity or something. Very strange. Then it pretty much just stopped, I still have a few come in who actually were customers before we quit.

Thor

• valkyrie
    valkyrie

Good for you, confusedandalone! You chose a stand-up way to stake a claim on your own life, dignifying yourself and your right to think and to choose.

May you know peace with your [real] family, from this time forward.

• Dagney
    Dagney

Welcome to the first day of the rest of your life. You have what really matters in life, your family. This religion is crap.

There will be ups and down with family and employees...but just keep looking forward...because that is where you are going.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

CAA: My new life starts today.. my Watchtower free life.

Welcome to the rest of your life.

BTW, what's the latest with the ex-Bethelite woman you just hired?

• Invetigator74
    Invetigator74

Hanging at Clearwater beach having a toast to you !!

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

CONFUSEDANDALONE:

I am glad you delivered the disassociation letter, but, more importantly, I am glad you e-mailed it to several people. At least these will be read in the privacy of somebody's home.

The letter delivered to the hall is certainly not going to be read from the podium (too bad). Probably the brother who first opens it will quietly tell as few people as possible and only WHO needs to see it.

Since it is really hot stuff they will probably be afraid of it.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

CAA I admire you

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Good work! I've been following your story for a couple of months now and I'm so glad you've told them where to go. I too hope to do that one day. I'm sorry for your family though. How can a family like that produce such an honest, caring, sensitive and intelligent guy as you? They may claim to be Christian and say you're a minion of Satan now, but you have more christianity in your pinkie toenail than all then put together. You are a man of dignity and I really admire your forebearance in all this.

• JakeM2012
    JakeM2012

Confusedandalone, Thanks for sharing your story. Perhaps your example will empower others.

• Incognito
    Incognito

Congratulations on your decision.

What impact will this have on your wife & children? Will the elders now go after your wife?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit